First Day

Today is my first day as a member of the host club. To be honest, I'm super nervous. I never really got used to attracting attention due to being a lab rat for five years. Even before that I and Dominik (twin brother in case you have forgotten) would be exclusive from the others. No one could tell the difference between us, our parents would sometimes get it wrong too, even though we were different genders. I spaced out until I felt something latched onto my back.

"Y/N-chan, you're going to be late if you don't hurry!" Honey-sempai smiled as he detached from my back and climbed onto Mori-sempai's shoulders.

I gave him a small smile and followed the weird pair to the music room. Roses ambushed my sight when I opened the door. 'This is going to get old very soon' I thought as I tried to wave the falling roses from my face. The rest of the host club was standing in front of the door except for Tamaki-sempai who was sitting on a chair in front of the lined up hosts.

"Y/N, it's your first day and you're already late. You have to set yourself of good first impression." Kyoya stated, pushing up his glasses.
Tamaki glided towards me and lifted up my chin, forcing me to look into his sparkling purple eyes. I say sparkling since he was doing his prince act again.

"Since it's your first day you will be helping serve tea and desserts while watching the others work. I advice you to take notes". He switched to his signature pose, flowers radiating off his body. Flowers? I think the stress is getting to me.

The other hosts left to their assigned tables including Haruhi. Apparently it was her first day as ahost today, after being promoted from errand boy. At least we're in the same boat here. Although it's a bit weird, her name and face seem so familiar... I mentally shrug and start to work.

After sometime I noticed that Tamaki-sempai was staring at Haruhi. I wonder what the problem is. Curious, I move closer, just enough to hear the conversation.

"I see, your mother passed away ten years ago, after being sick? So, who does the domestic chores?" The girls sitting on Haruhi's left asked.
"Oh I do those myself. My mother was good at cooking, and she left me lots of recipes when she was in the hospital. Learning each one of them is fun to do, and on days when they turn out well, my father is delighted, too. Those are the times that I really like." Haruhi smiled. Her other guests had hearts in their eyes.

'I see, so she was in a similar position, at least she still has her father.' I thought, depressions slowly ate at me. I walked out of the room, needing some fresh air. I ended up next to a fountain in front of the school building. Looking at the fountain it seemed really inappropriate, kind of like a baby peeing into the pond. I sighed and sat down on the edge. Luckily no one noticed my escape. 'This is bad, her story is bringing unwanted memories.'

~ Flashback~
Two kids sat on the edge of the hospital bed where a beautiful woman with silver hair and red eyes currently laid. Cords and tubes attached to her frail body. Her once so glossy hair now dull and lifeless however her eyes still held hope, filled with the sight of her beautiful children. Both with silver hair with gold and red eyes. I clutched her hand, used tears filled my eyes, and I looked at my twin brother, Dominik, to see that he was in the same state.
"Mommy, you won't leave us right? You said you will always be with us!" We both exclaimed.
She smiled "Look at you two, like the same person, make sure that you always look after each other okay? For me."
My dad, a tall handsome man. His silver hair blocked his golden eyes that was filled with sadness and grieve. He gripped her hand and held it close to his face. "I love you, even though death. Forever and ever and ever." Tears now slipped down his face.
Mommy just smiled, "I love you to and thank you for everything. Look after Y/N and Dominik okay? Hey look up, be happy, and create wonderful memories. I'll always be watching over you, my family. Thank you."
Her angelic voice faded away as she became limp. The machines that were creating steady beats were now creating a flat tune. Daddy cried out, tears like a waterfall fell down his face. That's when Dominik and I knew, she was gone... forever.

~ Flashback End ~

1st P.O.V
The sudden flashback was interrupted by a splash. I looked behind me to see a brown school bag floating in the pond. I quickly wiped away my building tears and rolled up my pants and sleeves. I still kept my glove on though. I wadded through the water towards the bag. Everything inside started to float out. Haruhi suddenly appeared beside me and started picking the stuff up.

"Sorry Y/N, it seems like my bag somehow made it into the pond. You don't have to help through." She glance at me waiting for my response.

I simply continued to help, curiosity overwhelmed me, "Hey Haruhi, what was your mom like?" The flashbacks were still fresh in my mind.

"She was always so hardworking but caring. She didn't have much time to hang out because of work but when she did we would have a blast." She smiled as she talked.

"I admire you, how you and your father recovered from it," Haruhi looked at me dumbfound.

I giggled slightly at her reaction. However we were soon interrupted by Tamaki-sempai who decided to help out too. Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all. I quickly made my escape, deciding that they need some alone time.

~ Time skip ~
I handed Tamaki-sempai some towels since Haruhi had gotten soaked from an incident with a jealous guest. It's a long story but it explains how Haruhi's bag ended up in the pond. I followed Tamaki-sempai to the changing room but was too late to stop him from opening the curtains. Seems like he finally figured out that Haruhi was a girl. Haruhi walked in the tacky yellow dress that the school passes as the girl uniform. Sorry but it's hideous in my opinion.

"Sempai, if you all think of me as a boy, then that's okay with me too. My feeling is that any awareness of being a boy or girl falls lower than that if being a person." Haruhi said as she was fixing the bow around her collar while Tamaki-sempai was freaking out.

Looked like the other hosts figured it out somewhere along the way.

"Still, sempai, you were kind of cool earlier." Tamaki-sempai stopped freaking out and put his hand over his mouth, his entire face turned red.

Kyoya-sempai looked behind him "Could this possibly be the beginnings of love?"

Love? I wonder what that feels like... Haruhi turned to me, "Oh yeah Y/N, I forgot to thank you for helping me collect my stuff from the pond." I gave her a nod as me saying 'Don't worry about it'. The other hosts looked at me wondering what I was doing down there anyway. Even Tamaki looked surprised, guess he didn't really notice me. Oh well I'm only here to avoid my secret leaking not to have fun or make friends.

In the end the host club ended for the day, it's already so late. I don't know how I'm going to fit this into my already cramped schedule. But I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

---------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed it, I'll get the next chapter by next week. That's a promise!