Chapter 8

The Ambulance had taken almost an hour to reach the incident and the Police had secured no-trespassing tapes, whilst the press was reporting live: breaking news!

"The car on the site of incident has been identified as the famous businessman, Richard Collins, it has been contemplated that the car was moving at high speed, when the Transnet Cargo Truck hit head on, at the crossroad. It is believed that there was a female on the passenger seat, her name has been withheld due to internal investigation. According to the Sheriff on duty, it looks like Mr Collins Mercedes Benz had been fiddled with, such that the brakes did not respond to its mechanical usage, both victims had incurred minor injuries. They've been admitted for check-ups at the CBD Hospital, Sabelo Gamedze, Malibongwe Drive, SABC NEWS", a journalist reported

Yatari had tuned on wondering how Catherine did on the interview. Why she had not called him or at least texted him if it went well. If it had not gone well, she was probably drunk, feeling sorry for herself. She might need a helping hand or a ride home. It was getting late. He decided to drive to her apartment. First he had to try her phone one last time, it rang and no one picked it up. The mighty Yatari was calling, not his usual style of texting. Love...No! Lust - things it can do to a man, he felt the need to be her night in shinning amour.

Michelle was returning from her week extravaganza. She had been trying to call Catherine, her daughter, to open up the door. It was weird, she never let her phone ring for long, especially when her mother was calling her with her "special number". Something was not right. Her motherly instincts had hit her when she landed at the airport but she had brushed them off.

She had been at the doorstep for over thirty minutes

"Cathy is a big girl, she can take care of herself, I just wonder what has got her busy to the extent of not picking up her phone", Michelle had unexpectedly spoke it out.

"Old age is catching up with you Ms Samosas?" Yatari posed the question walking towards her from his red Ferrari 468.

"Look at these curves young man, do they look like I've lost touch, and I can still make your father scream on top of his voice! Or just replace a son with better manners of greeting the elderly", Michelle shot back.

"Not in that manner, Ma'am", Yatari wished she had greeted her like every ordinary salutation.

"I thought as much, and who are you again", Michele asked

"I'm Catherine's friend, she was supposed to have called me after finishing her interview..." Yatari was cut short.

"Are you fucking my daughter?! 'cause if you are, I'll smack the shit out of you, right now, right here!" Michelle was taking off her heels

"No Ma'am, I gave her a ride to Randburg, she was running late", Yatari was taking a step back.

"Who are you to give her a ride, where did you meet my daughter, I can't get hold of her and you come here with your rotten balls and tell me she's in an interview at this time of the day, look at your wristwatch, what time is it?!", Michelle was shouting, primarily losing her patience.

"It's six o'clock", Yatari could only answer the last question.

"Its winter now, can you see how dark it is, where's my daughter, you quicken retard!" Michelle was losing it

"I am worried as you are Ms Samosas"

"Do you have a child?" Michelle shot another question without a thought of what he had said.

Yatari shook his head.

"Exactly! You have no idea what I'm going through", Michelle's eyes were becoming watery.