Chapter 3

"Hello", Catherine answered on the ear piece. "Hello, I'm Lothan Jones from Collins International Network Corporation. Am I speaking to Catherine Samosas?" the Call Centre Agent asked.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she realized that she sounded like she was having an orgasm and seriously unprofessional, so she tried to rectify her mistake.

"...Yes, Madame, how could I be of your assistance?" Catherine was good at thinking on her feet (that included lying).

"I would like to notify you that you've been short listed for an interview at Randburg, Malibongwe Drive, Van Gerslando Building, 8th floor, Office 47 at 9:00 a.m. Monday" Ms Jones rushed the information down Catherine throat.

Catherine was wondering if Ms Jones had swallowed a huge lump of chili (you know, the Indian one) before she called her. The only words she had heard was "...Randurg...Monday." "Catherine are you still there?" inquired Ms Jones

"Yes, my network...um uh can you repeat what you said". Catherine replied

"I get that a lot, I'll send you the directions, don't you worry Ms Samosas", Ms Jones assured her "Thank you", It was the least she could say.

"Are you available for screening, it will only take 30 minutes", Ms Jones proceeded.

"Yes", she agreed (not knowing what it was, thank God it was a bunch of stupid questions she knew, compliments to Google).

They talked almost an hour, from switchboards to type of Call Centre Agents, to responsibilities to business image until Catherine was mentally exhausted (this bitch is too formal, she needs a joint and some good dick). She would never dare say that out loud, not now. First impressions count.

"Thank you for your time, Ms Samosas ", Ms Jones concluded.

"My pleasure", Catherine half asleep

"I'll see you on Monday, punctuality is of the essence. I must stress" .After all, they will meet, in person.

She switched on the TV, after having the most tedious conversations of her life, and then she got a text from Yatari Forbes.

"Come through at the shooting range for your first session, pick you up at Eastgate"

"Give me 15 minutes", Catherine replied.

She had planned to rock something Angelina Jolie- ish, but to rub off that stale conversation with the Jones bitch. She had to feel like James Bond, the female version Zero-Zero-Dress-To-Kill. Yatari wanted Catherine to be able to apply self- defence, especially since she occasionally lived alone at the flat. The night was never trustworthy, mean spirits roamed the gulch and snatched the little life valley it had. Even humans stepped on ants and continued with life as if nothing happened. Yatari talked her through.

"Better safe than sorry"

"Are you catching feelings, little Romeo?" teased Catherine.

"Screw you!"

"Fine! I'll do it"

"You such a Samsonite"

"What!?"

"You said, you'll do it, I said that sounds right" "You see why you don't have a girl"

"Why?!"

"You a horrible liar"

"I was born a great liar, it runs in the family"

"Oh please, I'm a virgin too" They both giggled, enjoying each other's company.

She had nothing to lose and everything to gain. She closed her eye, aimed at the target with Yatari behind, and then left her alone to take the shot. "Make sure your hand is tight or you'll fall", yelled Yatari

"Alright"

"Every bullet on the head, I'll buy you a bottle of Bells" Now that distracted her.

She glanced at him then took six uninterrupted shots.

"Jones bitch, six bottles you said, but I'll skip tonight. I've got an interview in the morning. You'll tuck me in, right?" Catherine commented after taking the shots.

Yatari was still shocked, even cops could not hit the same spot with six bullets like it was one.