Chapter 6

"I'm sorry I stormed..."

"Have a sit Catherine"

"Thank you... I apologize..."

"Let's get started, are you ready"

"Yes"

"I checked out your C.V. and I must say, I am impressed, you did pretty well on the screening as well, the one, Ms Jones conducted with you via the phone", Mr Collins continued as if nothing had happened at Rochelle's Cafeteria, like she had not spilled coffee on his expensive tuxedo and ran away, literally (well, embarrassingly) It was spotless now. Maybe it was a new one. The interview went on for an hour and a half

Catherine was standing up and leaving. She was going to get a call if it had been successful or not. If she did not get a call after two weeks. She should forget that she even set foot there. After all there was a handful of other applicants she was going against, not to mention the ones with experience. She had no chance. As she was reaching for the door. Mr Collins said something that made her swing her head back.

"I'd employ you but judging from your character, you might run away when the pressure hits up".

For the first time he flicked a smile at her. She smile backed, she wanted to say something back but she closed the door behind her.

Catherine needed the bathroom, ASAP. One of the few reasons she did not reply to Collins. The toilet made her think well, although, it was a weird setting. Her thinking streams worked better. She swore her mother and her unknown father made her in one. Those were there mysteries every Being contemplated on but could not directly ask. A pregnancy test gadget fell on the floor as she was fiddling with her bag.

What the fuck is this thing doing in my bag? She swore she never bought one, or rather she was always careful. She had forgotten what she was looking for?

Morning pills were the best. Yatari had rushed her in the morning, she started counting the hours; still on the safe radar. The dumbass surely wanted me caring his offspring, over my dead body. I would not survive a day with something kicking in my belly. Catherine got out of the toilet, washed her hands, put on her lipstick. Left the building before she did anything drastic.

She had warned Yatari not to dare fetch her. So there she was standing at the side of the road, putting up her middle finger, she was not sure whether it was supposed to be the index finger or middle finger but it looked alike. Catherine remembered she had wanted to light a cigarette before she went to the interview. She took out her Dunhill switch, then realized she had forgotten her lighter on her side of the bed. Stupid Yatari!

Catherine swore her hands were starting to throw gangs signs up. A Mercedes drove pass, then squeaked. Reversed. The window went down and there was Mr Collins, the handsome, smiling version.

"You know swearing in public is against the law, hop in, let me give you a ride home before you get mugged for public indecency", Collins vented jokingly

"I'm actually going the opposite way, thanks but..."

"Stop playing hard to get Catherine, the last time I bumped into you, you were at the CBD, you tend to forget I have your C.V. you stay at those Troyville flats plus you owe me a Tux with your first salary..."

"You such an ass!"

Catherine had finally said the four words she had wanted to voice out before she had left Collins office.

She hopped in, and there was a lighter but how the hell was she going to get hold of it.

The more she thought of the lighter, the more the craving ached in her system. He smoked Cigar. Unaware, she had been holding her Dunhill Switch cigarette all along. Randburg to Troyville, what conversation will be hanging in the air, they both never knew, curiosity hit bottom up, let along what it had for them in store; not to mention the traffic building up since everyone was heading back home.