Surprise

I don't ride home on my board because after Matt found out I was riding home on a skateboard he offered to give me a ride home, and of course I said yes we listened to the radio and talked.  When we gat to my house I said goodbye to Mat, I went inside and called out that I was home then went up to my room to do my homework.  A little while later mom came in wringing her hands and acting weird. 

     "Mom are you alright?" I ask looking up from my homework again to find her pacing my bedroom floor.

    "No!"  She says, waving her hands in the air looking conflicted.

    " Uhh ok can you tell me what's wrong?"  I ask.

    " I have to tell you something and I really don't want to."

    "Ok.... Why don't you want to tell me?" I ask.

    " Because I don't want to that's why!!!!" She yells!

    "Alright I say, then don't tell me no need to yell!" I say with and exasperated voice throwing my hands into the air.

    "I'm sorry honey it's just that I don't know how you'll take this." She says with a nervous voice.

   "I'll be fine mom don't worry." I say with a smile trying to calm her down.

    She sighs then said with a resigned voice, "You know how you're adopted?"

    "Yeah..." I say with a confused look.

    "Well you have a brother, but he was adopted by a different family, and I just found out that the family that adopted him is dead!!!" 

   "That's horrible I said how did the die?!!" I ask.

   "In a fire." She says.

  I stare at her in disbelief. 

  "Yeah I know I also know that you met him today."

   "How do you know that!!" I say with surprise.

   "This" she pulls out a necklace with an orb which was glowing white on one half and black on the other side.

   "What's that." I ask.

   "Its an power finder orb." She says.

   "A what?!!!"  I say with surprise.

    "This orb tells me when you and your brother are together, because when you touch it activates your guys powers."

   "Wait go back did you just say powers?!!!"  I ask her in disbelief.

    "Yes and now that your powers are activated I'm going to have to start teaching you how to control them."

    I stare at her with my mouth hanging open.

   "What?"  She asks when she sees the look on my face.

   "I have powers like a superhero!!!" I ask her in disbelief.

  " Well not exacly, more like magic powers."

 "What?!!!! Why am I just learning about this now?"  I ask in frustration.

  "Because it wasn't time sweetheart, I am sorry we didn't tell you sooner."

  "Ok so what are my powers, and does my brother have them too?"

  "Yes your brother has them, but their slightly different while you control light, such as you can brighten a room and you can make it tan gable you can hold it in your hand and form it into different shapes.  While your brother can do the same thing only with darkness.  He can make a room darker and make darkness tangible."

    "Ok so who's my brother what's his name?" I ask.

    "Your brother is also your twin and his name is Daric."

______________________________________________________________________________________

   Sorry for leaving a Cliff Hanger, but I'm also doing this for school so this is what I'm turning in.  I'll write more soon.  Also if you want me to write faster or more tell me what you think and vote it encourages me to write.