The Contract

Suddenly there was a quick knock on the door, before it was swiftly opened with Nicco striding in confidently, closely followed by Marco's cousin Tommy and the two goons I saw flanking Nicco earlier at the Bakery.

"Antonella De Luca." Tommy breathed out as soon as he spotted me. Letting out a relieved sigh, I moved away from Marco's far to appealing muscular body to be wrapped into Tommy's warm hug. "What are you up to that I have to draw up contracts between you and Marco?" he whispered into my ear as he squeezed me tightly to his chest.

"I plead temporary insanity?" shrugging my shoulders, slacking into his hold.

"Enough." Marco growled gripping me by the waist and pulling me away from Tommy's hold. "Do you have to hug everyone?" snapping in frustration and what also sounded like jealousy, but there was no way he could be... right?

"You forget cugino... we all grew up together... remember?" Tommy smirked as he stared fascinated by the physical contact between us. "You've been in Italy too long." Shrugging off Marco's reaction. {Cousin}

"Let's just keep this professional, huh." Marco snipped at Tommy as he led me toward one of the leather chairs in front of his desk.

"Of course..." huffing as I allowed him to lead me. "After all it's just business." Sneering out the remark he used last night, making sure the word dripped sarcasm as Marco snapped his head to scowl down at me.

"Tommy the contract." Marco snarled, pushing me down into the plush leather chair before he moved around his desk to take his own seat.

I listened intensely as Tommy relayed all the essential basic legal information. That the debt was to be now referred to as a loan from the family and that I was agreeing to sign a legally binding document making myself responsible to pay it all back.

"Alright... now to the added stipulations that you two already verbally agreed on... Ms. Antonella Maria De Luca hereby agrees to attend all events and social gatherings as requested by Mr. Marco Giovanni Greco. Correct?" flashing my timid eyes toward Marco I simply nodded as I nervously chewed on the inside of my cheek, Marco waved out his hand in agreement. "Okay... Mr. Greco hereby agrees to provide any and all necessary items such as attire, shoes, jewelry, protection and etc. for Ms. De Luca for such events." Again I nodded and Marco waved. "Ms. De Luca is required to accompany any and all social gatherings deemed necessary by Mr. Greco as well as being polite and courteous throughout the event. No other obligations are required of Ms. De Luca. In doing so she will be compensated the total of fifteen thousand dollars per event, for her time." Tommy breathed once again looking for our agreement, looking slightly amused by the information he just relayed to us.

"Correct." Marco huffed in frustration, eyeing me from under hooded lashes as his blue eyes narrowed and darkened.

"Alright... So both parties agree that the total amount due on the loan as of today is $ 3.6 million, correct?" Tommy stated nonchalantly as I gasped in shock.

"You said a million?" snapping at Marco accusingly as my eyes popped open in shock and my throat went dry as I struggled to breath after hearing the staggering amount I would actually owe.

"No." he smirked shaking his finger at me. "I said a little over a million... you assumed it was merely one million." Gaping at him, all I could think about was crawling over his desk and slapping his arrogant, lying far too handsome face.

"That's a little over a million." Gaping at him in disbelief as my heart hammered in my chest, really questioning whether or not I could do this.