Chapter 3

“Welcome to the capitol” Fannia says as she almost trips down the tiny stairs leading from the train. This place is so huge, skyscrapers and giant wigs surround us as people bombard me and ariel. One young female grabs my shoulder and whispers “Once you win, your all mine” in the most seductive voice I have ever heard. I grab Ariels arm to get us away from here. We Follow Fannia and Mags into the capitol building it is in the center of the city and I guess it is where we train and sleep. “This will be where you eat, sleep and train for the next 4 days.” says Fannia. “Now follow me up to the fourth floor where you guys will be staying”.

We go up a tall glass elevator and the four of us barely fit with Fannia standing in here to, she takes up have the space. We reach our floor and all around us are these beautiful decorations, giant plants and spectacular views I go check out my room then me and ariel meet Mags in the living room for a discussion. “Now that we are here let’s find you guys some allies, I have the official tribute list with me here.” Says mags we look through each tribute and all there pictures. “The careers are out of the questions as well as district 5, connor will die in the bloodbath and Brooklyn will go to the careers since she volunteered as well. Now district 6 would be a perfect alliance there mentor is getting them to fly under the radar but they would be perfect make sure to talk to them in training. 9 and 11 seem very good too but that’s just my opinion.”

It’s time for dinner and the whole table is filled with food I eat as much as I can, the food here is amazing, This fish tastes nothing like the fish in district 4 though you can tell it has gone through lots of chemicals to make it taste better and I’m not falling for it. I eat so much I think I might pass out, I lay on my bed to calm my stomach and end up dozing off.

“He’s waking up what do we do?” yells someone with a capitol accent, all I can feel are people hands all over me. I jump out of the chair “what are you doing?” I ask. “Sorry dear didn’t mean to scare you, we are your prep team” says a tall and skinny man with pink skin. “my name is Flux, That’s Atlas and Zenobia” he says as he points to a fat man wearing a tight outfit and a tall skinny female with pink hair and a light purple skin. These people extremely scare me but it’s there job to make me look pretty so I listen and sit in the grab and atlas keeps grabbing my chest after 5 times of pushing him away I give up.

Once they finish I meet Ariel in the hallway and we head downstairs to training. We walk and see District 1-3 are already down there and the rest should come in after us. In the training room I see a large pool in the corner as well as survival stations and fighting stations. I stay away from swimming, tridents and swords so that the tributes don’t see my strengths I instead practice plant ID and wait for the other tributes. They come piling in district by district I slowly wait for everyone to get settled in and then head over to district 6 they are together at the swimming pool I dive in and swim over to them showing off my amazing swimming skills. Eli jumps in after me and then so does jillian who begins to drown and soon as she gets in the water. I grab her arms and pull her up out of the water she looks at me with wide eyes and says “thanks”. I find myself staring into her beautiful blue eyes before I set her on the side of the pool. I look over at her an Eli mostly he and I ask “Allies?” they both nod there heads in agreement. My first set of allies I think to myself and I head out to find some more.