Her Love Part 3

I know, the tears I get it.

Rose P.O.V

I can't believe I didn't like her, Nora was an amazing human being, my brother must have done something right when he fell in love with her, but the Nora I see in front of me is heartbroken and holding onto life as tight as she can.

She gave back the money that her and my brother spent in the house they were going to live in the rest of their lives in. Not to mention the ring he proposed to her, my dad was a shit human being if he still disliked Nora.

She kept her head held high and just kept on living her life as my brother started making a mission to fuck all the models he can once he got released from the hospital.

Oh God, Nora must have seen all the magazines of him with all those girls he was with. Some of the pictures were disgusting but for Nora, her heart must have broken piece by piece as the pictures were all over the place. I had to start cleaning up after him, for Nora, I could see all the pain in her eyes as she kept in smiling at me. I have to talk to that brother of mine, that when I saw him walking towards my office, Nora was staring at her hands, I think she was looking at her ring finger, when my brother came in.

"Are those chocolate chip cookies?" He said coming in, my eyes immediately went to Nora who sat up straight, her face frozen for a few moments, she came back to her senses when he was right next to me reaching for a cookie.

"These are amazing, who made them?" He asked taking a bite, the crumbs falling on top of my desk, Nora stood up and turned to leave, I got up with her and was gonna call out to her but he did it first.

"I didn't see you there, my bad" he said looking at her, I was curious as to what was going to happen next,

"It's ok, I just about to leave. Thank you for the compliment if you'll excuse me Ms. Ryder and Mr. Ryder. I'll be leaving now" she said with a smile plastered on her face, I could see pain, regret and love in her eyes as she looked at my brother,

"It's was good to see you again Nora" I said her name hoping it might jog Daniels memory but he was too busy eating more cookies, she waited for him to say anything or to look at him but he didn't. She smiled at me with unshed tears in her eyes and left,

"She's a weird one but these cookies are amazing" my brother said, I watched her walk to the elevator, even though I couldn't see her face. I knew she was crying, and then when she turned in the elevator. Her face was red, she smiled at me just as the doors closed.

"You think you could ever be with someone like her" I asked my brother hoping for some type of hope for Nora

"She's not my type, I can't see myself with her" he said eating another cookie

"Is that grandma's ring?" He asked

"Yea, how did you know?" I asked hoping for something

"I remember giving it to a girl, but I can't remember who" he said

Nora, you gave it to your fiancé, the women who you loved and was going to spend the rest of your life with. But I couldn't do it, Nora didn't want to stop him from being happy and he didn't even know where his happiness was, so I lied.

"You gave it to me, I forgot to put it back in the vault" I said answering his question, he had a look on his face before smiling to himself

"One memory down, a whole bunch to go. I'm stealing these cookies by the way" he said grabbing the box and running out my office

Why was fate so cruel