Chapter 1

"Uh.. Hello Kaori-cha-- kun!" A small voice piped up as the bell began to ring, and people began to leave the room. Lifting his head, Kaori shot a glance in the direction of the voice, watching as everyone seemed to scatter. A small girl, about 5'2, with ravened colored hair, blue eyes and black round glasses was staring back at him cheerfully. She was holding a small dark purple bento neatly tied up on top in her hands, he sighed "Don't call me -kun..." She froze "O-oh! Uh.. I'm terribly sorry, Kaori-san?" He just rolled his eyes and nodded directing his attention back to her bento. '

'Sheesh, does she want to eat her lunch with me?' That was exactly it.

"I was wondering if you would care to have lunch with me.. or.. something.." She smiled and made a small jump as she realized she had forgotten a important detail, "m- my name is Akito-san! But if you prefer you could call me Akito-chan!" Akito said scratching the back of her head, 'Akito.. that name sounds familiar have i heard it before? Perhaps i know her? No... I'd remember someone like her for sure.'  "I'll stick to -san, thank you." Kaori said bluntly, and the female began to speak again. "My parents told me that since i was so clumsy all the time perhaps i should try and make friends--" "Whatever, I'll eat with you." Kaori cut her off, she seemed ecstatic.

"Thank you!" 'Gosh shes really hyper..' He thought and began to grab his bento and walk off with Akito, not far behind.

----

Once they exited the door onto the roof of the school they both found a quiet place to sit away from the crowd, it seemed they weren't the only people to have had the idea of eating up here. Akito began to uncover her bento and smiled to see what was in it. She turned her head towards the teal eyed boy on her left. "What did you get Kaori-san?" Akito said brightly. He began to take the rapping off of his as well.

'Not again...' Kaori placed his hand on his face in defeat, "sweets. Just... sweets." He sighed and glared at Akito once he caught her staring at his food, she pulled back. "Do you not like sweets? I mean.." Kaori scratched his cheek as Akito's words became muffled and blurred out. He starred into his bento 'When will she realize i can't live off sweets for the rest of my life?' Once the girl next to him had ceased her rant he grabbed his lunch and gestured it to her "You want it?"

She let a happy gasp escape her lips, "Really?! You're not hungry?" Kaori frowned urging her to make to a conclusion before the day had ended. Akito began to reach out, "T- thank you, Kaori-san!" He watched as she began to devour the bentos like an animal. He sighed 'No decency..' Kaori's head shot up as he heard splashing, was there... was there a swim club? 'I didn't think this school had one...' He stood up and looked over the walls around the roof, there was!

Kaori began feeling mixed emotions as he watched the four swimmers splash in the pool. One of them seemed to barely be able to float, and yet he attempted the butterfly stroke!? He used to swim as a kid... used to. But once he decided to join a relay he-- "Oh Kaori-san! Do you swim?" His thoughts were interrupted and he turned to the black haired girl "N... no." he said hollowly 'Not anymore' he wanted to say.

---

"Thank you for eating lunch with me Kaori-san! I know i can sometimes be a pain, at least that's what I'm told, so i didn't want to impose, but you looked so lonely. N- not that I'm assuming anything i would never--!" Akito felt wind breeze past her as Kaori seemed to completely blow what she was saying off "No problem. See you tomorrow." She watched him walk away from her without another remark and disappear into the school. Akito seemed to be left alone on the roof with the cold breeze, she shivered "I better go before I catch something." she spoke and smiled softly.

~~~~

Authors note: My gOD Kaori is a jerk, i think I'm kinda fleshing his personality out, i guess hes kinda like Rin. A jerk but for a good reason. Maybe. Probably not, pfft. Thank you all for reading! :D