2~ For Sweeter Dreams part 1

This one shot involves Ichigo... Just a little differently, if you get want I mean.

Rukia tossed and turned uncomfortably in her sleep. She could sense it, the wicked presence of a hollow. However the Soul Pager remained as quite the night air, discomforting Rukia even further.

I can feel it, only just but I know it's there. Rukia thought while curling into a ball. Do I wake Ichigo? Rukia reached slowly for the closet door, uncertain of what she should do. I can't leave everything up to Ichigo, I have my own power. I'll search for this hollow alone.

The raven haired soul reaper quietly emerged from Ichigo's closet, leaving her gigai in a sleeping position. Dressed in the kimono of a shinigami, Rukia readied her Zanpakuto. I can do this.

Rukia glanced at Ichigo. The 15 year old had his eyed shut tightly, and his fists balled. He sifted slightly and murmured something to quite for Rukia to hear.

"Ichigo... Ichigo wake up. Your having a nightmare, idiot." Rukia shook his shoulders gently.

To no avail Ichigo's nightmare continued, sweat appearing on the young teen's face.

"Hollow!" Ichigo cried out, startling Rukia.

Darkness. Swarming darkness. Cold and black as midnight. Rukia struggled against its grip, however her strength failed her and it pulled her down, deeper, depriving her of oxygen. What is this?! Rukia's vision faded to a mere blur, I can't fight it!

"Stubborn, aren't you? Oh well... I would expect no less from a dear friend of our King." A sickening voice spoke from the black, swirling energy.

"Welcome!" It announced, "To Ichigo's empty subconsciousness!"

Rukia landed hard on the side of a blue building. She clung to a window expecting to fall, but soon the world levelled out. A vertical world. Tall blue buildings stretched as far as the eye could see, with a bland sky hanging overhead. Little detail painted the image of this abstract world.

Before Rukia stood a white figure, smiling a wicked smile.

"I-Ichigo?!" Rukia gasped. No, that's not Ichigo. That thing couldn't be him, could it?

"Ooh, nice guess but not quite." The imposter laughed, "Try again."

Rukia stood up slowly, bracing herself for a fight. "Just who are you?" Rukia growled, "And what have you done with Ichigo!?"

"Aww, your no fun." It mocked, "Ichigo this, Ichigo that! Who cares?!"

The white look-alike begun to step closer to Rukia, it's similarity scared Rukia to the point she might believe that the imposter really was Ichigo.  

"You really don't know who I am?" It sighed, the smirk never leaving its lips, "I go by a few names. But my favourite is Zangetsu."