Chapter 3

I sat in the hospital chair watching Harry sleep for hours. When I looked at the clock it was half past 3. I've been here for over 4 hours. It seemed like only a few minutes.
I'm surprised the nurses didn't kick me out. Their visiting hours are from 8am to 9pm. Unless it's different for family members.
I walked into the gloomy hallway. There wasn't much noise. Except a nurse's voice coming from a room at the end of the hall.

When I got home I laid on the couch.
I would've slept upstairs but it wouldn't feel right.
I still don't understand why Harry's mum didn't come see him in the hospital. I understand that she's mad but my mum would visit me if I got put in a hospital. Would she? Unless my stepdad told her she couldn't. I don't want to think about him.
I laid there in the dead silence before sleep took over me.

The next morning I woke up at around noon.
I was lazy all day long. The most productive thing I did was pick up a spare piece of beer glass that was by the couch.

I was sitting on my couch watching the telly that night and there was a knock at my door. I don't know who the hell would be at my house so late. Unless it's Zayn. Or Josh.
I opened the door to find a pudgy man that looked in his mid forties. He had a mustache and thin gray hair.
"Uh yes?" I asked.

"I'm Robin and-"

I interrupted him. "If you're trying to sell me something you can just leave because I have no money."

"I'm not a salesman. I'm Robin Twist"

Robin Twist. It sounded so familiar. I've heard that name before, somewhere.

"I don't know a Robin Twist."

"Well I know you, Louis. I'm Harry's stepfather"

Oh. Wow. Wasn't expecting that. I've never met Harry's stepfather up until now. When Harry and I last talked to Harry's mum three years ago she was single. Harry met him once last year on accident. He bumped into him at the market. Harry was invited to his mum's wedding but he didn't go obviously.

"Oh um Robin. Sorry, Harry isn't here, he's in-"

"I know where Harry is. Gemma talked to me. The hospital called my office and told me. But there's a particular reason I came here. I need to talk to you Louis. Maybe we should take a seat?"

"Oh yeah sure. I thought the office called Harry's mum?"
I gestured for him to come inside. He sat on the couch, so did I.

"No. I know that was what Gemma told you isn't it?"

"Yes it is"

"I thought so"

What a strange man.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well from what I've heard you and Harry are quit close. So I figured you better tell him instead of me. I know he lost his memory but I don't want to be the one to make him upset since he doesn't know me very well. Well didn't."

"Alright I'm following. What do you want me to tell him?"

Robin sighed and looked around the room for a second before looking me dead in the eye and barely whispering "Harry's mum is dead"