Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone vibrating. I grabbed it off the small table by the couch. It was a call from Lou. I almost called him back until I remembered our fight. I sat up and moved my hair off my forehead. My hair was greasy and I don't remember the last time I showered. Literally.

Gemma walked into the room carrying a bookbag.

"Good morning sleepy head." she said. "I have to go to my classes, you are free to stay here as long as you need. You can eat my food and use my shower, don't break anything."

"I'll try not to." I said.

She glared at me and grabbed her jacket and walked out the door.

I showered and put on the same clothes I was I was wearing the day before. The sweater I was wearing was tight on me, so were the jeans. Lou was supposed to take me shopping, but we both forgot.

I didn't want to stay at Gemma's flat too long, but I have nowhere else to go.

I got another call from Lou. I decided to answer this time, maybe he decided to tell me how I lost my memory.

"Hello? Harry?!" he practically yelled.

"Did you decide that you wanted to tell me how I lost my memory?"

"Actually I did. I need you to come home before I tell you."

"Fine." I said. "But I have no way to get home."

"I'll pick you up. What's Gemma's address?"

I told Lou her address and hung up. I watched the telly because it would take Lou about half an hour to get here since Gemma's flat is in Holmes Chapel and our apartment is in London.

Less than thirty minutes later I got a text from Lou saying he was here. I walked outside and Lou was in the black mustang. I got in the car and Lou looked tense, almost nervous.

"Alright how did I lose my memory?'' I said, getting in the car.

"I'll explain when we get home." He said. "I don't want to talk and drive."

"Fine."

We didn't say a word to each other the whole ride home. The radio was playing rap music but I wasn't really listening to it.

When we got home I immediately sat on the couch.

"Come on Lou!" I said.

"Why are you so eager to know?" He asked me.

"I'm just curious. So tell me."

He sighed and put his hands on his knees.

"Well it was me, you, and my mate, Zayn. We were going to head to the pub to grab a few drinks. When we got there, you were complaining about how tired you were. I told you to take the car home and Zayn and I would get a taxi or ask another friend to pick us up. When you were driving home the car got out of control and you hit a tree. Are you happy now?"

"That's it? Why were you so apprehensive about telling me?"

"I don't know."

"Where is the car that I crashed?''

"It's in the.. um.. It's being.. fixed."

"Oh."

Louis's POV

That night I couldn't sleep. I can't stop thinking about how I lied to Harry. I'm not the kind of person to feel remorseful, but I love Harry and I know he wouldn't lie to me like I lied to him.

I was considering telling him the truth but I have a fear of him leaving me. I dread the day he remembers what I used to do to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah that was the shortest chapter evvverrrr.. I'm going to TRY to start updating every night or every other night. Comment and vote because i have over 650 read and only 7 comments :((

And go follow my Twitter
@/articdirection