Chapter 24 - Pinkly

Jimmy was alone in the studio. He had his headphones on, so immersed into his drumkits, writing new stuff for their upcoming album. Not that he didn't like working on new stuff together with the band but he preferred doing it alone. The band called it as 'locking himself out' or 'finding nirvana'.

He usually came up with a lot of great songs out of it, and right then he was working on one. He called it as 'Fast Melodic'.

He got lost in his snares and double pedals and cymbals so much that he didn't realize someone was watching him all along.

"Oh my God Valerie! Stop doing that or I'll cut your throat!" he jumped and accidentally threw his drumsticks in the air when he saw Valerie was standing outside the glass window, staring at him.

His voice echoed through the built-in microphone in there and Valerie could hear him even from outside of the sound-proof recording room.

Valerie laughed and motioned for him to come out from the room.

"What's up? Where's M?'

"You should know better. He's your freaking leader."

Jimmy glared at her. He'd always preferred the other twin better.

"But I'm not his ass-guardian." (lol Asgardian) Then he casually walked over to the small fridge beside boxes of amplifiers and took out a bottle of mineral water.

"Actually I'm here looking for you."

He stopped drinking. "You're trying to seduce me now? Sorry, Val. Bros before hoes."

Valerie rolled her eyes at him.

"Keep dreaming, Rev. I'm here to talk to you about my sister."

That got his attention.

"Have you found her? How she's doing?"

Valerie grinned. "You guys are truly best friends aren't you? She asked me about you first and then here you are, your eyes lit up like a fucking Christmas tree."

He smirked. "You jelly?"

"A little bit, yeah. I've only been best friends with Matt. You guys liked Michelle more than me."

"Aww...so are you here for charity or self-pity?"

Valerie just couldn't win. She was actually kidding. She didn't feel jealous at all. Zacky and Johnny are both her best friends too.

"Anyway, that's not why I came here. I came because it didn't work."

"What didn't?"

"I figured if I tell her that you guys are going on tour next week she could, you know, come out from her nest or something."

"Really? But our tour could take half a year before she could see Syn again."

"I know. I couldn't bear to see Syn being like that. And I know she's been crying her eyes out."

Jimmy drank his bottle of water and thought deeply. It's only been 2 days since they 'broke up'. Did they actually broke up? Jimmy hadn't seen Brian since then. Even when the band gathered together for dinner or just drinking at their usual bar.

"It's only been 2 days. Give him some time."

Valerie took a seat on the couch.

"Two days can become two fucking years if we leave them as it is. Please Jimmy, do something? Matt and I ran out of ideas. I know you care about them both. You're the only person that I can count on right now. She'll listen to you."