chapter 14

Johns POV.  *not edited*

"How are you alive?" Callie crossed her arms over her chest. Should I tell her? Can she handle it? Maybe I should wait..

"John Jared Stefans dont you dare even think about lieing to me!!" Okay, a pissed off Callie is not a good Callie.

I sighed in defeat and pulled her over to a set. We both sat down and I began explaining what happened that night

" So uhh... when our car hit the other persons car, the impact kinda knocked me back to reality I guess and I flew out of the windshield.  I felt everything. The broken glass, my bones breaking, my skin coming in contact with the road. It was just..." I paused.

"Unbareable." I could see tears well in Callies eyes as I continued.

"Anyways, once I hit the ground I realized that I couldn't get another strike or id go to jail so I grabbed the driver from the other car and put him in my place on the ground. I heard sirens and other cars stopping so I bolted into the woods beside the road and ran. I ran and ran and ran until my legs could no longer hold me. I fell to the ground and looked at my surroundings but I couldn't see anything but trees and darkness."

I looked at Callie and saw her staring at me curiously. Should I tell her what really happened after that or should I lie?

"Then what?" she asked softly. I looked at her and made up my mind.

"Uhh, then Joanne found me and I've lived with her ever since." I said trying to sound normal and quickly got up to get us food.

-

-

-

-

Callies POV

"Then what?" I asked, leaning towards him a bit. I could tell he was trying to decided something by the way he looked around the room quickly and by the thin sweat line forming on his hair line.

"Uhh, then Joanne found me and I've lived with her ever since." He said then got up and tried to walk away but I caught his arm Just in time.

"Wait where are you going?" I questioned, confused about why he got up all of a sudden.

"To get us food." He replied calmly, turning to me.

"Oh okay." I let go of his arm and watched him walk to the counter. I sat back down in my seat and then started playing with my fingers.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket several times so I pull it out and look at the screen.

Unknown number

Hmm... I unlock my phone and read the message.

"Callie where r u??
-CARTER

Class is gonna start soon!!
-CARTER

You better not have gotten kidnapped!!
-CARTER

Okay, did you decide to stay at home or something??
-CARTER

ANSWER YOUR DAMN TEXTS!!!!
-CARTER "

How did he even get my number? Well he is Carter so he probably has loads of connections around the school.

I dont really feel like going to school now so I should probably tell him and his sister that. I put us in a group message amd sent my response.

"Hey guys, I decided to just stay at your house if thats okay, I just dont want to deal with school right now. See you when you come back!
xoxo
-Callie :* "