Chapter 5

Driving down an abandoned road with someone is a strange feeling. You never know if the person you're with wants to kill you or kiss you. You could be murdered and no one would ever know. Anything could happen. Just Daniel and I, side by side, driving down  I95. Trees have fallen over and the weeds and grass is over grown. "Emma, can you stop the car?" Daniel asked. "Why?" I asked clearly annoyed by his question. However, I did as he asked slowing the car and then coming to a stop. "What do you want?" I ask glancing over at him. He didn't speak he just kissed me. "That's it. I just really wanted to kiss you without getting into a car accident. I started driving again with every inch of my body tingling. It's like the butterflies you get in you're stomach somehow managed to get to every appendage in my body. By now the car was going 65 miles an hour and we'd been driving for what seemed like forever. "Hey, Emma, stop the car." He said to me. "Daniel I'm not stopping the car for you to kiss me again." I said angrily. "There's a cabin. Stop the car!" I looked in my rear view mirror and to my surprise there really was a small cabin off to the left side of the road. Instead of coming to a complete stop I just slowed down and turned around. I neared the cabin and pulled into the long driveway. We were a few hours away from the compound. About 7 hours while going 50-70mph, so we were a good distance away. I grabbed a small hand gun and walked towards the very small building. There's a river back behind the house. I knock on the door hard to alert any possible zombies inside. Then I opened the door which was unlocked. Nothing. Complete silence. Daniel and I checked the small cabin but there was no one and nothing. "We can stay here for at least tonight."

*sorry for the short chapter. One of my new books just came out and I've been busy with YouTube @Bekahbear
(I have dark hair in my pic I think. Not the blonde.) and I love writing my new series. I would read it. Go check it out! It's called The Nights I believe*