Chapter 1

My name is Emma Jackson. Always following my fathers, Mason's, orders. My father sent me out with a group of military so I could learn to kill the undead on my own. Standing at a short 5'3" with brown hair and brown eyes, I've survived with the colony for six years. I remember my twelfth birthday, being eighteen now, like it was yesterday. My parents must've forgot that it was my birthday. However I didn't seem to mind so much when I came downstairs to see them both on the couch watching the news. They must've not noticed me as I crawled to the side of the couch and saw a lady on the TV. I started listening," We don't know when the virus started or even how. Scientist predict that the Z-virus must've mutated from another disease. Doctor and scientist Lukas Greene has been looking for a cure for many weeks now. This is a warning. Grab your family and pets and stay inside. Shopping for none perishable foods is everyone's best bet. Do not approach anyone on the streets. Keep your doors and windows locked. This is a warning." I squealed and gave away the fact I was hiding. "Emma dear! You shouldn't have seen that. Mason take her up to her room." My mother always tried to hide things from me. However, she couldn't keep this one away. I heard it all. There were zombies. We were going to die.