Walk through la Masquer

For Kim Jongin in his current proviso, it felt to him that hours have already flew wherein it was only a couple of moments that he was spacing out into his own little imagination as he stares down the boy that had apparently caught his undivided attention in the middle of the cafeteria.

Is he staring at me? No it couldn’t be! I’m not the only one in this direction… But he feels familiar…

He was however, snapped out of it when the giant beside him cracked up at him and murmured rather loudly with that deep voice of his that doesn’t seem to fit with his baby face.

“Yah, Jongin-ah, gwaenchana? I was already almost at the counter when I realized you were not behind me! Why’d you stop in the middle of the cafeteria?” Chanyeol asked him looking quite concerned that he seemed to be out of himself when he is usually so attentive despite his awkward shyness.

“I-it’s nothing. I was j-just—…” he answered the taller boy as he started to walk with him again in the direction of the counter where they could get their grub for lunch when he ceased midsentence as he noticed that the group that he was very aware with was currently on their way to his direction as they seem to be playing around with each other.

“What are you staring at?” the older asked finally noticing the not-so-secret-and-very-vulgar gawking of the younger to the certain group that entered the place earlier. Oh, that group huh…--Chanyeol thought in his mind.

Jongin looked up at the boy beside him as the latter gazed at the people he did so a moment earlier when he was startled by a sudden bump in his left shoulder that caused the uncoordinated him to  stumble down on his bum.

“Ugh--…”

“Omo! Mianhae! Gwaenchana? These idiots were playing around and they accidentally pushed me too hard!” a smooth, not-so-deep voice asked with concern audibly palpable.

“I, um...” And now our socially awkward Jongin is back on track. He stuttered as he tried to push himself up as he felt soft hands helping him with the task.

The already startled him became even more so when he finally made eye contact with the one who was currently helping him to stand with his soft hands around his arms. It was the boy who he kept gawking at. The boy with pretty big dark eyes and pouty lips.

He only noticed that he was already fully on his feet when Chanyeol tapped his shoulders and asked his condition. He didn’t even notice himself dropping his jaw in a very embarrassing way. It was also the first time that he didn’t notice how tense Chanyeol is beside him that kept hanging on to his arms.

“I’m really sorry! Are you alright now?” the boy asked, still wearing the same smile that never seemed to falter from his face ever since Jongin started staring at him.

Before he can answer, another deep voice boomed around them cutting him off for whatever he was about to say.

“Kyungsoo! Gwaenchana? Are you hurt anywhere?” it was one of the boys that were together in the same group as ‘Kyungsoo’. He presumes that it is the name of the boy he bumped with. What he did notice is how the tall [with height that is a bit higher than Chanyeol which is particularly rare] blonde seems to fuss around the well-being of the shorter one when he was the one who was bumped.

“I’m fine Kris.” Kyungsoo answered the giant with the weird accent but still completely understandable in Jongin’s opinion with palpable authority. At the same time, the boy’s smile still never faltered on his face. It looked warm, but for the tanned dancer, it felt bone-chillingly cold.

“It was my fault, sorry kid. We were just playing around. Kris wasn’t able to balance well when I pushed him that caused him to fall to Kyungsoo that caused him to bump into you. Mianhae.” another boy answered. He was shorter than Kris with almost at the same height with Kyungsoo but slightly taller with dark brunette hair and eyes covered in thick eyeliner and a sharp look.