Never Before

Quatre: Never Before

“Zi Tao! Kris!”, the new kid, Jongdae, exclaimed as the two other guys came to them.

“Chen Chen-hyung what’s happening here?”, Tao, the guy with the dark circles under his eyes asked once again. Jongin was surprised to hear his voice especially when it was so soft compared to how scary the boy looked.

“Who are you people?”, Jongin cringed as Sehun asked rather rudely to the newcomers at the scene though they are all kinda used to how straight-to-the-point the maknae is. Still, it was rude for the tanned dancer.

“Hunnie, it’s not right to ask someone like that you know? Anyway baby, the blonde one is Kris, he’s the basketball team’s captain. The panda looking kid beside him is his boyfriend, Zi Tao. The two of them are also Chinese. And they are also older than you so show respect, okay baby?”, Sehun grunted as a reply, still possessively wrapping his arms around the doe-eyed boy’s waist.

“Oh, Lu Han-ge! I didn’t see you there...”

“Jongdae what is happening here? Are you in some kind of trouble again?”, this time, Kris questioned after nodding at Lu Han’s direction, seemingly getting impatient as no one answered them earlier. Fortunately, or rather, unfortunately, Minseok took the chance.

“Your clumsy friend accidentally threw me his hell of a phone while flailing or cheering or whatever he was doing during your team’s game. What kind of an idiot does that? And he actually had the nerve to question me about my age!”

“I’ll apologize for him then. He was born clumsy.”, Kris finished too smoothly for Jongin’s taste. It’s not like Jongin doesn’t like him. Sure the blonde was intimidating, but for the dancer’s perspective, the guy was too much of a controller. Jongin studied Psychology once, so don’t ask how he gets these conclusions.

“Hey don’t talk like I’m not here! And will you give me back my phone kid?!”

“What the hell?! I am not a kid! I am surely older than you so show a little respect! And you can have your phone back all you want! Here!”, Minseok smashed the gadget with so much force to Jongdae’s chest that the kid had to take a few steps back to regain his balance. It was a good thing that they were in the lowest part of the bleachers or else the kid would have fallen off and it would not be a very nice sight.

Before Jongdae can fight back, Kris shot him a look that said the words “Enough” too emphatically that all of them with the exception of Tao and Minseok gulped because of the intimidation. For short, he glared at them.

“I’m going back to practice. Don’t cause any more trouble Jongdae. Or I’ll stuff your face with basketballs.”, the blonde team captain slowly went to his way leaving his panda boyfriend and Jongdae.

“Is he always that intimidating? Add his height and you get a very scary person. And his voice... Brr!”, Chanyeol visibly shuddered adding effect to what he was lowly saying so that the said man wouldn’t hear him.

“Oh you don’t have to worry about him. Kris may seem all that stiff and he is such a major control freak but he embarrasses himself more than he would do others. That’s why he keeps that quiet and intimidating facade so that he won’t do something stupid that may cost him his image. You don’t have to be scared of him, really!”