01

After following a string of ice related incidents and straight up murders, S.H.I.E.L.D finally found Aelin and incarcerated her in the only place secure enough to hold her. The helicarrier.

____________________________________

She'd been stuck here for what felt like months but may have only been weeks and was getting sick of seeing the same glass walls of her cage.
"How's our ice wielding terrorist doing today?" Director Fury was a frequent visitor, he was often annoying and overly curious. And even though the man's presence had once been dreaded, his dry wit and quick humour had been curing her boredom as of late.
"All the better to see you darling. I hope you've been having a terrible day, Director." She grinned at the darker man, her skin glowing under the flourescent lights of her prison.
"Not quite as terrible as you'd hope, Aelin. You'll be glad to hear that you'll soon have a roommate, so clean up all of your mess, your room looks like a bomb hit it." He chuckled, looking behind her at the floor of her cell, barren except for the cot directly across from Aelin, before shaking his head and leaving the room.

The woman huffed and sat down on floor, back against the cool glass wall. Who would be her cellmate? Why would S.H.I.E.L.D place them with her knowing what they did about her past? There was no making sense of anything S.H.I.E.L.D did but that didn't stop her from trying to figure out just what the hell they were playing at.