02

Aelin opened her eyes and looked toward the door as it opened. The clanking of chains could be heard as a group of agents coralled a man toward her cell. The man was tall and lithe figured, his dark hair all she could make out before a sharp pain erupted in her shoulder. She looked down, seeing a tranquilizer dart protruding from her shoulder before her eyelids grew heavy and darkness swallowed her vision.
_____________________________________

Aelin awoke some time later with a pounding in her head and heavy limbs. She scrunched her eyes shut and tried to go back to sleep, knowing her head would feel better after a while.
"I suppose your head would be sore, darling. What a nasty fall you took." At the sound of the achingly familiar voice, Aelin's eyes flung open and her head swung around almost painfully to meet his eyes. His mouth was set in a smug grin and his eyes twinkled in feral delight.
Ignoring the throbbing in her head and the heaviness of her bones, she leapt out of the cot and threw herself toward her lover. Arms flung around his neck and legs wrapped securely around his waist. Loki chuckled and placed his hands on her thighs, burying his nose in the crook of her neck and breathing in deeply.