1.

"Have you gone and gotten yourself a key to your room yet, Nor?"
My best friend Tatiana says through the phone and I can't help but grin.

Now, yesterday was the last day I could fully be myself and walk around the apartment in my underwear - because my mum's new charity case is moving in today.

"Yesyes I'm covered," I laugh.

"And the rape alarm. It's working?"

"Last time I checked," I joke back.
I have actually gotten myself a key.

I hear the rustling of keys and get off my bed.
"Alright Tat, they're coming. Chat later," I hang up while hearing her scream "ruuun" in the other end.

I hurry out of my bedroom, down the hallway away from the front door and into the living- and dining room where I've already set up a cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal and a magazine for myself, so that when  my mum steps in with the immigrant, I look casual a occupied.

It was Tati's genius idea since I was sort of freaking out about where to put myself. Besides I'll need breakfast soon anyway.

I make eye contact with my mum just as I grab my spoon, in a really really tight grip.

She leads a young man through the door. He doesn't look that old, but at the same time he looks more like a man than a boy somehow.

- "This is my daughter Nora and this is Zayn Malik," My mum says as she tries to formally introduces us. 
He is carrying only a sports bag. Full of clothing I suppose, and whatever else he brought from where ever he came from. 

He has black or very dark brown hair that almost falls into his big, very dark eyes. He has high cheeks bones, a sharp jaw and full lips and his skin has a slight tan. He's actually very handsome.

- "Hi," he says, barely making eye contact for more than a millisecond, his facial expression pretty much blank as he looks around the room. However I figure he must be quite confused of what my mum has even told me about him staying here.

At least he spoke. My mum made him sound completely mute. 
And then there is me, just lazily waving my spoon trying again to look casual. 

My mum leads him through the living room towards our empty guest room where he is gonna stay, and I catch him glancing at me when they walk past us. His eyes doesn't even shying away when my gaze meets his, his eyes curious and strangely intense. Maybe a bit arrogant, maybe just curious. He blinks with both eyes and it is me who ends up shying away. Yes, he is actually quite gorgeous.