Running Through

"Emma, come on lets go get some food before going to cross country." I say.

"I am coming too," say a guys voice from behind me.

"Um no you're not. I am not paying for you." I say.

"What if I pay for you." He say.

"First of all I don't know you, second of all what about my friend." I say.

"Well, I know you and I can pay for your friend too."

"What's my name." I say with a smirk of doubt.

"Bree"

"Wow, you stalker." I say with a laugh.

"Well I am going to chipotle so you can come or not" I say. What was this guy doing I didn't even know his name. Well if he was flirting and it was that natural with me maybe I would flirt back, I thought to myself. He walked with us and told me funny jokes and about himself. I was not the type of girl that eats a salad when she's around guys and I went all out making sure I was not hungry. By the time I went back to sports, I learned his name was Hunter and her played football while I did cross country. Deep down I thought he was sweet and funny, but on the outside I was playing hard to get and being quick witted.

When we walked back he asked me for my number and snapchat. I decided to make him work for it so I say. "I don't know, if you're lucky." And ran off to the locker room.

During cross country I ran thinking about him, I would have to tell my best friend ever aka. Sister, Mia, about him. I almost tripped when I heard Hunter's voice scream, " Bree be careful there don't fall...... for me, but do watch me make this." I watched as he made a shot to the end zone.

"Wow good job, but I bet you could never catch me I say as I ran away," He tried to get me, but I was too far away. I squealed as he almost caught up to me.

"See, I'm just too fast."

"Omg I hate him," I say to Emma, with a laugh. Emma is my running partner and she listens to everything I say.

"Really that's not what I see," a girl named Lila say coming up behind me.

"Ya, I just met him, his name is Hunter," I say.

"Omg you totally love him," She says.

"No, were just met, I mean maybe we are friends," I say.

"Sure," she say. One of my least favorite things is when people think that just talking to a boy means you love them. I thought it would change in high school, but in guess not. I run ahead trying to forget her. Maybe words won't hurt as bad as they used too.

After cross country I tried to forget Hunter and avoid him, but he came up to me and asked me if every thing was okay I say I was fine and walked away fast. Why did some people have to ruin things. Maybe tomorrow will be better.