Chapter 4 (Mikaelson's)

Please review tell me what you think try not to be too harsh, unless it's truly terrible :P Love Lily <3

"Damn... okay that's going back a long way. I actually met Kol first." Runa began facing her little saviour and his brother as she began picturing the day so very clearly in her mind even after all this time.

"I was only ten when my family moved to the settlement where Mikaelson's lived. As you can imagine it wasn't something people did often so we were watched constantly, people were always gossiping. Ridiculous if you ask me. The first person I met when I went to explore after my chores was Kol" she paused to smile gently at said person who played with her fingers, relishing in the comfort her mere presence brought.

"Kol and I were down by what is now known as the falls and I remember thinking it was almost like magic" she continued eye's shining lost in the memory "I'd never seen a more beautiful sight." She smiled mischievously at Kol poking him in the side as she spoke once again "Kol here had wandered away bored from his mother who was trying to make him help her gather herbs, obviously not the manliest thing to do back then, he wanted to be with his brothers duelling or hunting. He was without a doubt the most adorable child" she gushed smiling brightly at the now blushing original.

Klaus smirked at his baby brother mockingly "awww Kol and here I thought you belonged with mother gathering for us men" he spoke taunting him. As expected Kol lunged at his brother and tackled him to the floor before punching him in the jaw which subsequently broke from the force. Klaus was about to retaliate when Runa grabbed Kol and pulled him back.

"Enough boys, honestly save the sibling spat for another time" she said rolling her eyes at their antics far too used to the oil and match that was the two brothers if they were together more than half an hour. Klaus sat back down glaring at the smug grin his younger brother now sported.

"Anyway...When Esther came looking for him I decided to help him out it was like a reflex I'd never known was there appeared, the impulse to help someone I'd never even seen before. It felt very similar to the instinctive feeling you get when your sibling's are in trouble, the urge to protect them. I told her I hadn't seen him. Even then I didn't trust her, never have. The vibe I was getting from her was cold and almost obsessive." Runa trailed off thoughtfully as things became a little clearer in her mind.

Klaus was watching her intently concerned but she just avoided eye contact not willing to look at him yet. Stefan kept silent enraptured with the story, he always was a curious human that only intensified as he turned. Damon wasn't surprised by this at all, she was after all extremely protective of him too.

Kol started speaking then wanting to get this part over with so he could learn about how she met his rival. "I came out of hiding after that shocked, my siblings all had their favourites and I was too annoying to be anyone's. But Lia, she defended me when she had never even met me. My brothers had never done that for me. We started talking but I knew I couldn't stay long or get into trouble with Mikael which was not a good idea. But we agreed to meet a couple of days later, I admit I was fascinated or as fascinated as I could get being 8 at the time." He carried on smirking lightly it was almost a smile.

Questioning looks were thrown from the Salvatore duo, "yes I am younger than her" he said pouting a little. Runa put her arm around his shoulder pulling him closer to her. "Anyway Lia and I..." he was cut off abruptly.

"Lia?" Damon questioned frowning slightly "you never let me call you that!"

Runa smiled patiently "for good reason little saviour" Kol smirked wickedly at him "I call her Lia because no one else does and if they do rest assured they don't live to do it again or they're too afraid to think of her let alone say her name." Stefan and Damon's eyes widened turning to Runa to see what she thought of what they perceived to be an overreaction to such a small slight, but she was smiling indulgently at Kol.