Chapter 3

When I got to work, I was so nervous. I was really never nervous when I came to work. I was more nervous about what Max's friends would think of me. I had visited them in my dog form today. They all seemed to be really close and almost like a family. all of it was just making me nervous. I wasn't sure if he had told them what I did.

"I am sure that they will accept you. There is no actual reason why they wouldn't. You just so happen to do one of the oldest jobs in the history of time, just like them." Bobbi told me. I was glad that she was there to reassure me.

"I am just worried that he had told them what I do. I know that they might shun me for that alone." I told her.

"If he told them with out your permission, you can hit him. This is really private, baby." Shelly told me. Yeah, she wore the pants in her relationship.

I did my routine a couple of times. I had to work the floor most of the time tonight. It was no big deal to me, but I knew that if Max, ore really any boyfriend saw me, they would freak out. It was good honest money, though.

Shelly told me that I could get off a little earlier than usual for the night. She loved me like a daughter. She and I were pretty close. I helped her pick her wedding dress out. She wanted me to be a bridemaid, but I told her that it wasn't my placce to be there. She really cared about all of us.

I thanked the girls before I left the building. I stood outside as I waited for Max to come. I didn't have to wait more than a minute. I saw that he was sitting in his car. He turned his car on when he saw me. I walked over to him and I set my bag in the back seat.

"Hello." I said to him as I got in the car. I was wearing a nice dress. It didn't show any clevage or too much leg. I was wearing heels, so I was a little taller than Max.

"You look beautiful." He told me. I started to blush as he drove out of the parking lot.

"Thanks. so did you tell them what I do?" I asked him.

"No, it's not really my place, now is it?" He asked me. I knew that he must have already told them where I worked. I smiled and held his hand when he put it on the console.

"I hope that they like me." I told him.

"They will. Trust me. They will love you. You will meet their girlfiends too." Max told me. I saw that we were nearing his house. There were two more cars out front. I knew that it was Nathan and Siva's cars, by the scent of them.

"What are you smelling?" Max asked me. I had naturally heightened sense of smell, since I was a shap shifter.

"I thought that I smelt smoke. I sure that it's nothing. Probably just me going crazy." I told him. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I was getting so nervous as we walked up to steps to the small town house.

"Wait." I said before he opened the door. He looked at me quickly. He was really concerned.

"Are you sure that we aren't going to fast or something? I mean, I am not your type of girl." I told him. He sighed and looked at the door. I wanted to turn into a chipmunk and hide in his jacket.

"I am sure that I want you to know them. I want you to know my friends. I think that you will like them. As for us going too fast, we don't have to walk in. I can take you home and we can try again." He told me. I felt my heart melt. I smiled at him as he looked at me.

"No, I think that I will be fine. I am just nervous." I told him. He then pulled me into a hug.

"You are safe here. They aren't going to do anything to you." He told me. I knew that he was right. He then let go of me and grabbed the door. I held my breath as we walked in the house.