Chapter 5

Max's POV:

"Max, I don't think that I should tell you that just yet. I want to, very badly, but I can't right now." She told me. It was obviously something that was really heavy. I meant it as a joke.

"Wait. What are you talking about? I meant it to be funny." I explained to her. She looked at me and she was still worried. There was something wrong and I couldn't figure it out. I then started to panic a little.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she looked around the room. She shook her ehad and I saw that her eyes were filling with tears.

"Ruby, please tell me." I begged her. She then took a deep breath in and let it out with her eyes closed.

"Don't hate me. Please don't hate me. I promise you that I am not anything evil. I am just another human, just a little different." She said quietly to me. I sat there and looked at her. She then stood up and stood in front of me.

"Ruby, what are you doing?" I asked her. She said nothing and shook her head. Then she wiped tears off of her face. I started to get off of the couch, but she stopped me.

"Just sit there. Don't say anything." She said to me. She sounded guilty almost. I stayed and looked at her. She nodded her head then I saw her close her eyes.

Next thing I knew, there was the pitbull in front of me. The same one that had been checking in with me over the couple of weeks. It was wearing the dress that Ruby had been wearing. I couldn't believe my eyes. I then leaned forward and the god walked forward. It stepped out of the dress and sat on the couch with me.

"Ruby?" I asked it. It closed it's eyes and bowed it's head. I really couldn't believe this.

"What is going on? Did you slip something in my drink? Did I eat something bad? Ruby. I don't want to hurt you, but I think that there is something that is happening to me." I told her. It had to be me. People just couldn't turn into dogs like that. I closed my eyes and tried to get my head clear.

"Max, it's not you. It's me. I am a shape shifter. I have been that dog. I come and check in on you. I just care. If you don't want to see me again. I understand." She told me. That whoe thing sounded rehearsed. I looked at her and I saw that she was naked and sitting on the couch. She was trying to cover herself up a little.

"So that wasn't me?" I asked her. She looked heart broken as she sat there in front of me. She finally shook her head. I couldn't help it, but my heart started ot break.. This was the deepest and darkest part of her and she just risked it all for me.

"If you want to leave, just do it. I wouldn't blame you." She told me. She then morphed into a black cat. I sighed and looked at the now cat that was sitting in front of me.

"I won't leave. I don't think that I could." I finally told her. She looked at me with big green eyes. Then it morphed back into a naked human.

"Really?" She asked me. I smiled and pulled a blanket off of the back of the couch and covered her with it.

"I won't. It's you. I think that it is really weird. I might need some time to get used to it, but I think that it is something that you live with, so I will help with what I can." I told her. She smiled and leaned into me. She kissed me hard and I kissed her back. She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"You are wonderful. Thank you so much." She told me with a smile on her face. I laughed and looked in her eyes. She was so grateful. I wasn't sure how I could ever leave her.

"Want to know what a tiger feels like?" She asked me then. I laughed a little and nodded my head. She then got up and and dropped the blanket. I loved the way that she was naked. She then turned into a tiger. I smiled at her and she started to purr on my knee.