And Then There Were Three

The two ran as fast as they could, Damian had never seen Jason so worried about anything before, not that he could blame him, Damian was feeling slightly more worried than usual as well.

"Jason! Slow down! I can't keep up!" Damian tried to shout over to the older boy, however, Jason didn't hear him.

"I swear anyone or anything that lays a hand on that boy is going straight to f***ing hell!" Jason shouted as he continued to speed up through the forest, honestly, at this rate, he would soon be matching Flash's speed. Damian tried to keep up with Jason but could do very little as he watched the boy disappear into the forest ahead of him. Clearly not being able to catch up Damian stopped to catch his breath. He breathed heavily with his hands on his knees and bending over slightly, he looked ahead of him and noticed something in the dirt, footprints. Not Jason's footprints or Dick's they were too small, they were the footprints of a female.

"Maybe our murderer isn't so much a 'he' as a 'she'." Damian looked at the direction the footprints were heading and decided to follow them. He walked through the forest following the footsteps, he wasn't looking where he was going and before he knew it he almost fell right off a cliff. He looked down at the forty-meter drop below him.

"There is no way anyone could survive a drop like that." He told himself. He looked down at the footsteps and wondered. The footsteps would suggest that the person in question walked straight off the cliff, but that couldn't be right, there is no way they didn't notice the drop.

"Unless they intended to walk off," Damian deduced looking more closely at the footprints; only half of the last footprint was imprinted at the very edge of the cliff.

"There doesn't appear to be signs of anyone falling, so maybe..." Damian closed his eyes and took a step of faith; he placed his foot right where the footprint was and started walking; before he knew it he was standing in mid-air. He kneeled down and hit his knuckled against the invisible flooring, which produced a metallic sound.

"So it's some type of metal bridge with built-in cloaking functions," Damian concluded. "There aren't very many people who would think of let alone afford this type of technology." He turned around and walked back to the cliff. "I should go rejoin Jason."

"Tim! Answer Me!" Jason yelled once again through his communicator. "I swear you better be ok or someone's getting f***ing shot!" He finally reached the house and busted the door open. "Tim! Please tell me you're in here!" He looked through all the rooms but couldn't find anyone; finally, he entered Dick's room.

"Jason, what's wrong?" Dick asked. "You look devastated," At that, Jason began to cry, which surprised Dick quite a bit.

"He's gone, Tim has gone missing and I have no idea what to do," Jason confessed.

"What! He's gone!" Dick asked, jumping up from his bed. "Quick, we need to find him." Straight after he said that he began to cough uncontrollably.

"You aren't going anywhere," Jason retaliated. "Damian and I will go out again and search for him." At that moment Damian rushed into the room.

"Maybe we shouldn't go back out tonight," Damian suggested, "besides, I found a few things that might be of interest."

"Ok. We'll discuss things and sleep tonight but first thing tomorrow morning we're heading straight back out there," Jason stated. Jason and Damian left Dick to sleep and headed down to the dining room.

"So we know that there is someone else on the island but we don't know where," Jason mentioned. "We also know they're using a device to shut down all technology."

"On top of that, I found footprints of a female on the ground," Damian informed. "As well as a special bridge that can cloak itself."

"A female who can get her hands on an invisible bridge and EMP," Jason wondered.

"Don't forget they must have known that we were Robins," Damian added.

"I know only one female who has enough resources to pull this off and knows about us," Jason considered.

"My Mother," Damian answered.

"That's right," Jason confirmed. "But why would Madam Al Ghul want to kill us off? She doesn't usually do things without motive."

"We can't be sure it's her yet so we can only consider her a suspect," Damian pointed out.

"Well, at least that's a start," Jason told himself. Jason decided that they had done enough for one day so he sent Damian off to bed, making sure to seal each and every entrance to the room so that nothing could get in. After saying goodnight to Damian he headed to bed himself.