Love Angel

"No! Please stop!" I yelled with tears staining my face.

"Either you lay down or I'm going to make you!" my father bellowed as his evil eyes pieced my soul.

"I promise I'll be a big girl. Please don't hurt me" I tried to speak again as my ten year old body was forced to the bed; his huge frame towering over me.

"Shut the hell up, and if you scream it's going to be worse!" he shouted.

He climbed on top of me, and I closed my eyes trying to think of happy thoughts about the days my grandmother use to take me to church. She would dress me up like a doll and say "You are

my sunshine" and for that I would sing Let It Shine in front of the congregation every Sunday.

With each rip in my clothing, he tore to get that much closer to the inside of me. I became more consumed with my thoughts and dreams. This was my regular routine since the night he took my innocence as if it belonged to him and only him.

"Dear God, I don't know if you hear me or ever hear me, but grandma said you did, so please let him stop! I don't like when he touches me, and I'm scared. Please come save me! I don't want to die this way lord, in God's name I pray AMEN!" I silently prayed hoping that my grandmother was right when she said God answers prayers.

As I felt him pry my legs open to enter my pocketbook, I heard a noise.

"What the fuck are you doing Face!" my mom screamed as she pointed the gun I've seen my dad carry a few times to his head.

"Anna, it's not what it looks like!" my dad yelled as he stood still hovering over me.

"Wrong answer nigga! Angel close your eyes!" my mom shouted with the gun still aimed at his head.

"Baby she came on to me" my dad tried to lie.

*Boom* *Boom*

The sounds of gunshots were the last thing I heard as his I opened my eyes to be covered with his bloody body and brains. I looked around for my mom, too scared to move or think.

"Come here Angel" my mom spoke attempting to move his body off of mine.

I was stuck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I've only seen dead bodies on TV but not in real life, and I didn't know what to think. So I did the only thing I could when I was scared...I peed myself.

My mother picked me up and we proceeded to leave my room.

Sitting me on the counter she picked up the house phone.

"Yes 911, my name is Anna Henson, and I just killed my husband" she declared.

"Yes, you can find me at 313 North Gale Avenue." I heard her giving the police our address and she hung up the phone.

Pulling me into a huge embrace, I realized that my mother really did love me like I loved her.

"Look baby, I don't know what's about to happen, but I need you to hear me clearly. Mommy may be going away for a very long time, but I want you to know that I love you, and whether I'm here or far away I have your back baby girl. I'm so sorry he did that to you, and he will never ever be able to hurt you again" my mom spoke with tears in her eyes.

"Here. Put this around your neck" she said placing a heart locket with a picture of her and I inside when I was born.

"Just a reminder that I'll always be here baby girl, I love you" my mother told me and kissing my forehead. Not long after our conversation, I heard a loud boom on the door and the police officers rushed into our house as if my mother was armed and dangerous.