XIV

"Hey ma."Amaru walked in with a bunch a bags in his hand.

"Hey son."She hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"What's all that?"She asked, referring to the bags.

"Stuff for Damita. Can I hide it in your room?"He asked.

"Trying to get back on her good side huh?"She laughed.

"Yeah, she not feeling me at the moment."he laughed.

"Hurry up and go put it in there before she walk in. You know she gone be home soon."Afeni said.

Amaru hurriedly put the bags in her closet and came back into the living room.

"What'd you get?"She asked.

"Candles, and rose petals."he beamed.

"You been saving your money for this ring right?"He asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should buy the ring first or find us a place first."He sighed.

"Well if you want to propose on her birthday, you can wait on the ring because her birthday isn't until May and by that time your store should be up and running. That way you would be able to buy it whenever."Afeni said.

"Her birthday is going to be here before we know it. I got plans for that too. She gone be real happy."He laughed.

"She's going to be 21 right?"Afeni asked.

"No ma, she gone be 22."He laughed.

"Oh hell. Where I been?"She chuckled.

Finally, Damita came strutting through door all smiley like she had just gotten the best news of her life.

"Hey momma."She smiled, kissing Afeni's cheek.

"Hey. Somebody's happy."she chuckled.

"Oh yes. I had a test today and I was so worried that I was going to fail because I didn't study, but as soon as I started answering the questions, it all came back to me."She smiled.

"Is this test the one you failed last time or a different one?"She asked.

"It's just a test for the class. Remember I had to do another semester because I failed."She answered.

"Are you ready to take the other one again?"She asked.

"Well, my professor thinks I'm ready and my boss thinks I'm ready. I don't know yet, but I'm gonna have to get ready. That day is approaching very fast."She laughed.

"I think you're ready. You're very smart. Don't let that failure get to you."She smiled.

"Thank you for the encouragement momma."She smiled, hugging her.

"Hey babygirl."Amaru said hugging her from behind and kissing her cheek.

"Hey baby."She turned around and kissed his lips.

Amaru smiled, happy that she kissed him back and thought that maybe they were back on good terms.

"You look really pretty today."He smiled.

"Uh thank you."She said awkwardly, cutting her eyes at him.

She then walked back their room and he followed her.

"Baby, I'm home on time today. Like you asked."He smiled.

"That's good baby. I'm happy that you've done what I asked."She said nonchalantly.

It was upsetting him that she hadn't really acknowledged him since she got home. He knew he messed up, but he wanted her to forgive him and be excited to see him like she usually was. She hadn't even called him Daddy like she normally does.

Damita knew what she doing, she wanted to teach him a lesson. She wanted him to know how much he had hurt her feelings. She wanted to know how far he would really go to show her how sorry he was.

"Baby? Did you hear what I said?"He asked, becoming impatient.

"I'm sorry baby, what did you say? My mind was somewhere else."She acknowledged.

"Nevermind."he sighed, walking out of the room.

She grabbed his hand and pulled him back into the room.

"No, no im sorry baby. I'm listening."She caressed his hand.

"I said do you want to take a shower?"He asked.

"Oh yeah, we can do that. Come on."She smiled, grabbing his hand.

They walked into the bathroom and started to undress each other.

Amaru then tried to raise Damita up onto the counter but she protested.

"Uh what are you doing?"She asked popping his hand.

"I thought we was gone. You know."He chuckled.

"You thought wrong. We're supposed to be taking a shower. That's all you ever want to do. If that's the only reason you want to take a shower with me, I'll take one by myself."She snapped, grabbing her clothes to walk out, but Amaru blocked the door.

"No, don't walk out. I'm sorry, don't be like that."He kissed her repeatedly.

She glared at him and then walked over to the shower to turn on the water.

He got in the shower and she got in behind him, not touching him.

He then turned around and wrapped his arms around her, looking at her eyes.

"I want to apologize to you. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for coming home late. I'm sorry for leaving you and making you cry. I'm sorry for yelling at you and I'm sorry for making you feel like I only want to have sex when we get home. You can't fault me for that though baby cuz' you the one that got that good shit. Making me addicted."He laughed.

"Can you forgive me please? I don't like when you mad at me."He pouted and kissed her lips.

"Yeah I forgive you."She giggled.

"Do you forgive me forreal? Last time you said you forgave me last fine but you was still mad."He asked, holding her face in his hands.

"Yes I really do forgive you daddy. I promise, I'm not mad anymore."She smiled.

"You still can't have none of this though."She continued laughed.

"You wrong. You so evil."He laughed.

"I thought you loved me?"He asked pretending to be hurt.

"I do more than anything, but you gone learn to stop fucking with me."She laughed turning to face the shower.

Amaru just laughed and shook his head at her mood just switched that many times. Even though her attitude was always on 1million he's going to deal with it because he loves her. He'd rather deal with her attitude than not have her at all.