XIX

"Baby where you been? I been waiting on you."Amaru sighed as Damita dragged through the door.

"I'm sorry baby. I had to do some extra stuff. I would have been home way earlier if my boss had his shit together."She yawned, rolling her eyes.

Amaru grabbed her stuff out of her hands and put it down.

"Don't get undressed yet. I need you to come somewhere with me. Just real quick. Please baby."He grabbed her and kissed it.

"I didn't even say no yet."She laughed.

"Where are we going?"She asked.

"It's a surprise baby, just come on."He laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the door.

He opened the door for her and they both got in.

"Baby, I don't like your job. They work you too hard for you to still be in college."He sighed.

"I know, but I have to just adjust until I pass the bar."She shrugged.

"So do you graduate after you take the test?"Amaru asked.

"No, passing the test only allows me to practice law. I still have to goto class for the rest of the semester. Then I graduate."She replied.

"Okay, one more question. How did you finish so fast? I mean that you was going to be in school until we were like 30."He laughed.

"Because I did what I had to do. Took every class I could take, I didn't take any breaks. I don't have the time to be in school until I'm 30."She laughed.

"That's a long time from now baby. How you think shit gone be when we're 30."He chuckled.

"Honestly, I don't even know."She yawned.

"Alright you gotta close your eyes baby." He smiled as they exited the freeway.

"Amaru, where are we going?"She whined.

"You'll see when we get there baby-girl. Be cool" he laughed.

Damita rolled her eyes then covered her face with her hands.

She felt the car take an abrupt stop and then door closed.

Amaru opened the door for Damita, then put his hands over her eyes.

"Okay baby, open up." He said releasing his hands from her eyes.

"Surprise Baby." He said extending his hands as if he was presenting something.

"B-Baby, what is this?" Danita asked, rather confused.

"A house baby." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"I see that baby, I know that, but why are we here? We can't afford this. It looks like it costs millions."She said, looking around.

"Then why do I have these."Amaru smiled, pulling keys out of his pocket.

"It's all yours baby. You can decorate it however you like."He kissed her forehead. 

She jumped in his arms and started to kiss him all over his face.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you." She said in between kisses.

Amaru was happy that he could finally do this for her, for them but he knew that she'd kill him if she found out what he did to get this for her.

"You wanna move in tomorrow? Since you're off?"He asked, still holding her in his arms.

"That works for me."She smiled and kissed him again.

"Come on, lets go inside."He smiled, carrying her into the house.

He had already seen it when he signed the lease, so he gave her a full tour.

"Is this why you were coming home late? Because you were trying to do this for me?"She asked.

"I really do apologize if that's the reason. I've been really trying not get mad over little stuff like that."She smiled and kissed him once more.

He took her upstairs and showed her their room and the rooms of their future children.

"What are we gonna do with all the rooms baby?"She laughed.

"They're for our kids. All five of them."He joked.

"Five? Where you gone get five kids from? You gotta girlfriend that I don't know about?"Damita challenged.

"If you think I'm getting pregnant five times, you're sadly mistaken."She laughed.

"Okay what about three?"He laughed, holding up three fingers.

"We'll see baby."She laughed.

"I know one thing we can do in these rooms."He smirked.

"What's that?"She asked.

"I could put you up on every wall in each one of them."He smiled, biting his lip.

"I like how that sounds."she smiled.

They started to walk down the stairs, to spend their last night in Afeni's house.

"Baby let's go home. I'm tired."Damita yawned.

He grabbed her hand and they walked out of the house, locking the door.

He opened the door for her and they started home.

"You ready to goto sleep huh?"Amaru laughed.

"I been ready to go back to sleep since I woke up this morning."She sighed.

"I already know."he laughed.

"I'm always tired, it's probably because I'm always at work."She said, rubbing her face.

"You know, you don't have to bust your ass at that job. I can take care of you."He replied.

"I don't want you to have to take care of me, especially when I'm capable of doing things myself."She shrugged.

"Yes you are capable of making stuff happen on your own. I didn't say you weren't. I just want to do it for you."He smiled, getting out of the car and then he went around the car to open the door for her.

She got out of the car and Amaru stood in front of her, blocking her way into the house.

"Move."Damita giggled, pushing him out of the way.

He grabbed her face and pulled it close to his.

"You're my queen and as long as you are, I will get you whatever you want. In my eyes, you shouldn't have to work for anything because you worked and supported me while I was hurt. I support your decision of wanting to work, but I'm just letting you know, you don't have to."He kissed her lips and started to walk away into the house.

She followed him into the house and went to their room.

"Come take a shower with me."She whispered, rubbing on his back.

"Okay, turn on the water. I'm coming."He said, hanging up his jacket in the closet.

He then went into the restroom, where she was in the shower waiting for him. He undressed and joined her.

Damita wrapped her arms around him and put her head on his chest as she always did while they were in the shower.

"Thank you."She whispered.

"For what?"he asked, confused.

"For everything that you do for me and what you said outside."She smiled.

"You don't have to always thank me for what I do. As your future husband, I'm supposed to do things like that for you. I'm supposed to protect you, love you and do what's needed to make you happy. For that you don't have to thank me, just keep doing what you're doing."He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"God, I love you. What did I do deserve you."She blushed and stood on her tip-toes to kiss him on the lips.

"I love you too."He chuckled.

"Did you like the house though?"He asked

"I love it daddy."She smiled

This chapter is just too cute. 😏 they goals af