XXI

Sorry if this is boring. Always pay attention to the boring chapters, most likely there's  something you have to pay attention to.

Damita busted through their office doors, where the only person on duty was actively speaking to someone else.

"Where is your manager?"Damita asked, rudely.

"Ma'am he's not here. I'm sure I can help with whatever the problem is."The lady responded.

"Well, call him."Damita insisted.

"Ma'am. He just left on lunch, I can try to help."She replied.

"Honestly, I don't care where he is. Find him."Damita snarled.

"What's the problem?"A man asked, walking from the back of the building.

"I need to speak with a manager, supervisor, somebody with some authority."Damita said.

"I'm the manager. How may I help you?"He asked with a smile.

"I think it would be better if I showed better if I showed you. Follow me please."She said.

He followed her outside to the storage room, they had rented.

Amaru and Mike were still standing in front of it, waiting for Damita to come back with the manager.

"This is fucking disgusting. You're in charge of people's things and this is how you treat them?"She asked rudely.

"Oh there seems to be leak in the ceiling."He pondered.

"Oh there seems to be a leak in the ceiling."Damita mocked him.

"No shit. I see that. The question is why would your employee assign us this room, knowing this could happen?"She asked rudely.

"To be truly honest ma'am, I don't think there is anything I can do about your stuff."The man shrugged.

"Nothing you can do? Nah you better figure something out."Amaru blurted in.

"No it's okay. We can just go tell my dad about this and we can get this motherfucker closed down. I mean it's no big deal."She shrugged.

"No, no that's not necessary. This most I can do is get you a minor compensation check to replace some of your things, like your bed, couch and tables."He replied.

"But, it has to be approved by the owner of the company and that takes about two weeks."He added.

Damita sighed and face palmed herself, with both of her hands.

"I could also get rid of the stuff for you. I can't do anything else for you."He said.

"No this is-"Amaru cut her off, by putting his hand over her mouth.

"Thank you. It's really appreciated."Amaru smiled and the man walked out.

They grabbed the few things that weren't ruined and put them in a Damita's truck.

"You want me to take the truck back, since we not putting anything on it?"Mike asked.

"Yeah you can."Damita sighed, walking back to her car.

"I'll see you later bro, thank you for the help."Amaru smiled and hugged him.

He walked over to Damita's car and grabbed her keys, knowing she wanted him to drive.

"What's wrong baby?"Amaru asked.

"I'm just upset that we have to go back to our house with no furniture. What are we going to do?"Her voice cracked.

"It's alright baby. I'll figure something out."He grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"This is so stressful."she rubbed her face.

"I know baby, but things happen for a reason. Maybe we didn't need that furniture."He beamed.

Usually she was the positive one, but today he had to do that for her.

"We can go get an air mattress or something for the time being. We will be fine."He said.

"I guess it's good that we had all of our blankets and clothes at your mom's house."She chuckled.

"You wanna go get it now, or later?"Amaru asked.

"Now, I want to take a nap. I am tired."She yawned.

They made a small detour to Walmart, so they could get their air mattress.

"You always tired."He laughed.

She grabbed his arm and linked it with hers as they walked into the store.

"Ooh get a big one."Damita cooed.

"Why it matter? You gone be all up on me anyway."He laughed.

"You act like you don't be all on top of me too."She playfully rolled her eyes.

"And if I don't sleep on you, you gone think something wrong, so hush."She laughed.

"You like this one?"Amaru asked.

"Yeah. It looks soft."She replied.

Amaru grabbed it from the shelf and they walked to line to pay.

"This all we getting or you want something else?"Amaru asked.

"That's it, we have pizza at home. I don't need nothing else."She replied.

"You sure? If you need to goto the store later you going by yourself. Just saying."He shrugged.

"No that's it."she said.
-----------------------------------------

"Am I supposed to blow this up like a balloon with my mouth or something."Damita laughed.

"No girl, use the air pump. It's at the bottom of the box."Amaru laughed and shook his head.

Damita took out the air pump and connected it to the mattress so that it could rise.

"Where you going?"Damita pouted, turning around to look at Amaru.

"I gotta go take care of something right quick. I'll be back."He replied.

"Noooo. Can you do it tomorrow? I don't wanna stay here by myself."She pleaded.

"I thought we were taking a shower, so that we could goto sleep."She pouted.

"If you want some furniture in this house, I gotta go."He said.

Jessie had called to let Amaru know she needed him and Mike to take care of something for her.

Of course Damita had no idea of the severity behind him having to leave so soon. She didn't want him to leave.

"One day won't hurt. Baby please stay home with me."She begged, putting her arms around his waist.

"Alright, alright let's go lay down."He surrendered, scooping her up in his arms.

He laid her down on the now blown air mattress and laid down next to her, pulling her close into his arms.

She laid her head on his chest and slowly started to fall asleep in arms.

As soon as Amaru noticed she was in a deep sleep, he slipped out of the bed, hoping he didn't wake her.

He covers her up with the blanket and creeps out of the door, making no sound.