XXXVI

Sorry if these updates start coming slow. I gotta new job and ya girl been tired as a fuuuuck!! 10 more chapters left of this one & 5 more chapters of Til Death until book 4.

Damita woke up to an empty bed.
Amaru wasn't lying behind her anymore. She walked through the house until she came in to Mike and Amaru having a conversation.

She stood in the doorway and listened to their conversation, because she knew they would stop their conversation when she walked in.

"You still hiding shit? You gotta tell her man. That's your wife now, you can't start your marriage with secrets."Mike explained.

"I know, Ima tell one day. I just don't wanna tell her now. She's pregnant, I don't wanna stress her out."Amaru sighed.

"Tell me what?"Damita blurted, crossing her arms.

They both turned around and looked at her with a shocked expression.

"What do you have to tell me Amaru? Doing something you're not supposed to?"Damita furrowed her eyebrows and kept her arms crossed.

"That I love you so much and I'm glad you married me yesterday."He smiled and came in to hug her.

She mushed his face and walked past him into the kitchen.

"Goodmorning Mike."She smiled and hugged her brother.

"Where's Keisha?"She asked.

"Still in the bed. She should be down here soon though."He replied.

"Baby what time you wanna go home?"Amaru asked and Damita Ignored him.

"Mike do you hear someone speaking to me? I thought I did."She replied in a fake confused tone.

"Nah I ain't hear nothing."Mike laughed, playing along with her game.

"Please tell my husband that I'll be ready to leave whenever he's ready to stop keeping secrets."She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.

Amaru checked to see if she was still standing at the door to continue their conversation. When he noticed the coast was clear he began to speak again.

"Damn man. I didn't even know she was standing there. Why you ain't say nothing?"Amaru asked.

"I ain't see her little ass either. She just slid right in."Mike laughed.

"You gotta stop this though. This ain't for you, you make legal money now. You ain't gotta do that and you don't want to introduce Damita to that type of lifestyle."He added.

"I know. Ima stop, I swear it. It's just that Jessie is so demanding, she always has something she wants me to do."He sighed.

"You keep saying you gone stop, but when? First it was when you bought her a house, then it was when proposed, then it was after the wedding. Y'all married now, so what? You gone stop today or you got another excuse?"Mike yelled, but not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

"Don't say it's for the baby either, because you ain't spent no money on your child yet. What the fuck you doing Amaru? Did you forget you have a daughter on the way or what?"Mike asked.

"Nah I ain't forgot. I've given Damita money to buy stuff."He sighed.

"I know that and she ain't spent it yet. You know why? Because she wants you to be there. Nigga you not doing nothing. Yeah you married her, but that ain't enough. You gotta do more."He added.

Mike's words were going in one ear and out of the other, because Amaru wasn't listening. He was going to have to learn his lesson the hard way.

"I'm doing all this for her and our daughter. I want them to have everything that they want."Amaru sighed.

"That shit ain't gone mean nothing if you're not around to share with them. Shit ain't gone be like this forever, what we doing ain't gone send us anywhere but to the grave or jail. I been to jail already, that shit don't phase me. I could die tomorrow I don't give a damn, but you can't. You got shit to live for, you got shit to be around for. I don't. I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching to you or no shit like that, but you gotta understand."Mike shook his head.

"I get it man."Amaru replied as if he was irritated.

"Nah you don't get it, but do you."Mike laughed and continued to eat his cereal.

Damita and Keisha both walked back into the kitchen, ending their conversation once again.

"Amaru I'm ready to go."Damita said, standing in front of Amaru with her arms crossed.

"Right now?"Amaru asked.

"Yes now. I want to go home."She replied with an attitude and walked out of the room.

"Aye. What's your problem?"he asked, following behind her and grabbing her by the arm.

"Suddenly, I have a problem because I want to go home? I don't want to argue with you right now, so let me go."She replied jerking her arm away from him.

"You always mad. For what?"Amaru sucked his teeth.

"You always making me mad. For what?"She mocked him, sucking her teeth and shrugging her shoulders.

"Man, go get your stuff."He replied scrunching up his face.

"You do realize that you two didn't drive here together because you couldn't see each other before the wedding."Keisha intervened.

"Oh you're right. I'm out then."Damita laughed and went to get her keys and her bags.

"So you leaving?"Amaru asked.

"Yes. I'm going home. Didn't I just say that?"Damita replied.

"Can I have a kiss?"Amaru asked.

"Kiss your damn self."Damita rolled her eyes and tried to get her bags into her car.

He grabbed her bags and put them in her backseat.

"You're welcome."He smiled and tried to kiss her but she moved away from him.

"You always fucking with her."Keisha laughed walking over to Damita's passenger seat.

"See you at home baby."Amaru smiled putting his head through Damita's window and kissed her forehead.

"Get out of my window, before I drive off."Damita scoffed.

Amaru laughed and pulled his head out of the window then she drove off.

"What he do this time?"Keisha laughed.

"He's hiding something and I want to know what. I heard him and Mike talking earlier. Mike said that Amaru was hiding something from me."Damita said.

"Well what you gone do?"Keisha asked.

"You want to follow him?"She added, down for whatever.

"Lets go get Tee, then we can figure something out."Damita replied, looking at the road.

Damita drove them to Taniyah's shop and they filled her in on what's going on.

"Don't do anything yet. Just wait. You gotta have some proof of something going on before you act up. Listen to some phone calls, find out some information, because that conversation could have meant anything knowing my brothers."Taniyah intervened.

"Alright fine."Damita sighed.

"In the mean time, come get in my chair, I wanna try something on you."Taniyah smiled deviously and Damita walked over to sit down on her chair.

"Don't fuck me up Tee."Damita laughed.

"Girl bye. When I have I ever?"Taniyah laughed.

"Come to those shampoo bowl and hush."She added and Damita laid back in the chair and let Taniyah take care of her hair.