Chapter Two: England's Support

Arthur Kirkland tapped his foot anxiously as the plane prepared to take off  from his private airstrip.

"Pilot Gerald? How long will it take to get there?" He asks, walking into the cockpit of the plane.

The elder man looked up at Arthur and nodded respectively.

"We should arrive around 6:30, sir. But, there is a large storm right in the middle of our traveling route. I may be able to...Hold on..." The Pilot stopped suddenly and listened intently to a incoming message.

He sighed and looked back at a very nervous Arthur.

"What? What is it? What happened?" He asked, frantically.

"Sir, there's been attack on the World Trade..."

"You think I don't know that!!? Why the bloody hell would I be getting on this bloody plane to go if I didn't know what happened?!" Arthur interrupted furiously. "I don't care about a stupid bloody storm! Just get me to America!"

"Sir, I cannot take off..." Pilot Gerald said, keeping perfectly calm.

"What? What do you mean you "cannot take off"? Why the hell not!?" Arthur grew more angry and anxious with every passing moment.

"Sir, the U.S government has shut down all airport's in the country. There will be no planes coming in or out of the U.S at this time until farther notice. I'm sorry, sir, there's nothing I can do."

"How about boats? Can boats get into the country? Arthur asked, begging for even the slightest glimpse of hope that he'd be able to get to his little brother today.

"I'm sorry, sir. The only information I was given was that the airports were down. Though, after such an attack, I doubt there would be any transportation between the U.S and foreign countries right now."

Shit...

Shit, shit, shit!!

Arthur understood what the pilot was saying, but refused to give up. He quickly pulled his cell phone out and dialed the only person who could think of who could help him.

"Please, please pick up."

A few more rings went by before the other line picked up.

"Hello? Hello? S-sorry, England, I...I was talking to France. I've been trying to call Alfred, but he won't pick up. Where are you?" The voice mimicked his own sense of fear and anxiousness.

"Hello, Matthew. I'm still here in my homeland. You haven't been able to get in touch with Alfred, yet?" Arthur asked, pacing around the plane.

"No, eh. I've tried everything. I've called almost a hundred times, eh, but he won't answer. Do you think he's ok, eh?" Matthew's soft voice asked nervously.

"I-I don't know, Matthew..." Arthur said, plopping down onto the airplane chair. His heart suddenly forgot the previous feelings, turning them to sadness and regret. Warm, wet tears began to form in his eyes as he hung his head. "I-I don't know, Matthew..." He said as a small sob left his lips. "What if...what if he's in pain? What if he's.....what if he's dying?"

"A-Arthur...are you crying?" Matthew asked, timidly. "P-please don't cry Arthur...I-I've been holding it in all day. If you cry...I will cry too. A-and Alfred will be so mad if we cry for him. So please, d-don't cry, Arthur..." Matthew wiped away a tear from his cheek.

"Y-you're right, Matthew." Arthur wipe his eyes and sighed deeply. "J-just let me know if you hear anything from him, ok?"

"I will..." Matthew answered.

With that, he hung up the phone leaving Arthur to his thoughts.

What if he's dying?

No...He can't be.

Alfred is too strong...Too stubborn to die now. He's fine...

He's fine!

.......He's fine.....