Chapter 13

Present time, in Texas
Kirstie POV
I've been so happy since Avi proposed, and we're heading back to my house. Avi kisses my hand, and drives back to my house. When we get there, he opens my door for me. I get out.

He starts to rub at my bump. "Are you ready?"

I start to lean up against him. "As ready as I'll be." I pouted. Avi laughed at me, kissed me and then we went in the house.

When we walk in, I see my mom making out with this guy. I look at Avi, wide eyed.

"Mom..."

My mom pulls away from her guy friend. She said, "Oh Kirstie, Avi, you're back."

"Yeah we are. What happened with you while we are gone?"

"Nothing really. Just chilling." While she's talking, she moves her left hand in a little motion. I look at Avi, and grab her hand. "Wait a second, are you engaged? When did this happen?"

My mom was smiling up and down. "Well, mine happened a few months ago. We went to Italy for a romantic getaway to Italy. He took me everywhere in Italy from Rome to Sicily. At the end of our trip, we went to Venice. When we got to the bridge where the view is just gorgeous I went to take a picture and Bryan had his arm around me. He got down on his knee and proposed. We'd been dating for at least a year before we got engaged." I looked at her with wide eyes, "Mom that's way too early! What are you thinking?"

"Well I was thinking I'm in my forties now, and I'm letting my life pass me by. After you moved to LA, I didn't know when I was going to see you or if I was going to see you! I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone, especially since you're getting married too and are pregnant." She says sadly. I let out a sigh before looking at this Brian guy. "Hurt her and I swear you'll wish you were never born." He quickly nods and I give him a small smile. I look back at my mom and see her smiling. I pull her up and into a hug. "I love you." I says. "I love you too." We pull back and I smile again. "Why don't we go out to dinner tomorrow to celebrate? Plus we can invite Scott and Mitch so you can meet them." I look around and see everyone nod. "Awesome." I let out a yawn and lean against Avi. "Well I'm going to go take this cutie upstairs before she falls asleep standing. It was nice meeting you Brian. Goodnight Mrs. Maldonado." Avi says. "What have I told you in the past Avi, call me Angelica." I see him nod before picking me up.

Once we're upstairs he sets me down and I quickly change before climbing into bed. A few minutes later he lays down and sets his hand on my growing bump. "I love you." He says. "I love you too my dragon." He lets out a small laugh before kissing my forehead. Slowly I fall asleep.

Afternoon before dinner.

"I'm going to go call Scott to see if they want to come to dinner." I tell Avi before walking out onto the front porch.

'Hey Girl!'

'Hey Scott. Are you and Mitch busy tonight?'

'No, just planned on hanging around his parents house. Why?'

'Because you are coming to dinner with us tomorrow.'

'ok, what time?'

'Not sure. I'll text you when I know.'

'Ok. See you later then.'

'Ok, bye.'

I hang up and head back inside. "What did they say?" Avi asks when I sit down on the couch. "They said they'd come. I just need to let them know a time and place." "Well what are you craving?" Mom asks. I look over at her and give her a small smile. "Something covered in cheese." I say sheepishly. She laughs. "The melting pot it is." "Yes! What time?" I ask. "Well Brian gets off work at 4 so how about 5:30." I nod and text Scott the place and time. I hit send then lean into Avi's side. He start to rub my bump when I feel a small flutter. I jerk a little and Avi looks at me worried. "Are you ok?" I nod. "Yeah, my stomach felt weird when you were rubbing it." I look over at my mom and see her smiling some. "Kit, I think you felt the baby kick." "Isn't it a little to early?" She shakes her head. "No, I've read stories where woman felt their baby kick as early as 7 weeks, especially when they're pregnant with twins." She says while giving me a look. I let out a groan. "How did you find out?" I ask. "Well no offence but you look a lot bigger than 11 weeks." I let out a small laugh. "Ok now that you know please don't tell any one. We were keeping between us for now." Avi says and I nod. "I wont say a word." "Thanks mom." I look at my phone and see the time. "Well I'm going to go get ready for dinner." I say while standing up.

I head up to my room and pull out a white dress, brown jacket, and brown boots. Once I'm dressed I put my top layer of hair into a bun before doing light make up. Satisfied with how I look I put on a necklace and head downstairs. "You look beautiful sweetheart." My mom says once I sit down next to Avi. "Thanks." Just then I hear a knock at the door. "There's Brian." Mom gets up to go get the door and I look up at Avi. "I love you." He pecks my lips. "I love you too." I lean into Avi's side and he places a hand on my bump. "Aww young love." I look over beside me and see my mom and Brian. I blush and they laugh. "So Kirstie I meant to ask you how your singing career is going. Any gigs?" Mom asks. I shake my head. "No, I've meet with about 3 labels over 4 years and they have all said that when I sing something is missing." She nods. "So they think you should be in a group or something?" "Yeah. But I had a hard time finding a group so I've pretty much stopped singing." I see her nod then I look at my phone and see it is already 5. "I guess we should be heading to the restaurant." I say while standing up. We all head outside and climb into my moms van. Avi and I sit in the back while Brian and mom sit up front.

We pull up at the restaurant and I see Scott and Mitch standing outside waiting for us. "He guys." I say once we get up to them. "Hey Scott, Mitch." My mom says. I look at them confused. "How do you know them?" I ask. "Oh we met yesterday while helping set up for you engagement." Mitch says while taking my hand to look at the ring. I nod. "Oh, well lets head inside." I walk up to the hostess and tell her how many of us there are. "Right this way." She leads us to the back and we all sit down. After she takes our drink order the questions start flying at us. "What was your reaction when he proposed?" "Did you like the way it was set up?" "How is the baby?" I laugh. "Ok, first off calm down with the questions. My reaction was probably like most, I cried so hard all I could do was nod. I loved how it was set up, it was like a fairy tale. The baby is doing fine making me craving cheese at the moment. Hint the reason we came here." Everybody laughs and we continue to have a fun time the rest of dinner.