Prom Night

(A/N) I said I would update earlier a few months ago, but I've been SOOOOOO busy so sorry for this late post. Don't be mad. :(

I hope you like it. :)

I drive home after getting some Starbucks and Nando's. My two favorite restaurants in the world. I go home and flop onto my bed and reminisce about prom and how it was the perfect night.
Sean was holding my hand as we walked into prom. I couldn't have been happier. I had a beautiful strapless princess dress that was light shade of arctic blue at the top and had white tulle at the bottom. The dress also had some blush colored flowers around the top of the dress. I also had the perfect date for prom.
I have always secretly had a small crush on him and I was a little sad when he said he was going to ask a girl out to prom when we were hanging out at my place a few weeks before prom. Oh who am I kidding I was ALOT sad but I told him cool and asked who he was asking and he left the living room. I thought to myself 'Well then, all I did was ask you who you were asking out. You didn't have to be rude and leave', but just as I finished my thought he walked in with a giant poster shaped like a controller and showed it to me.

 You didn't have to be rude and leave', but just as I finished my thought he walked in with a giant poster shaped like a controller and showed it to me

He asked me if I liked it and I said yes.
He just smiled and I said, "What are you smiling at", and he said, " Nothing just the fact that I asked my best friend to prom and she doesn't realize it." Then all of a sudden I internally let out the highest sequel possible for someone of my 5"2 height.
I just stood there until reality hit me and then I said, "Why did you ask me? I know that I'm not prettiest girl in the school."
Then he said, " you may not think are the prettiest girl, but I don't care about looks I care about personality. Your personality is prettier than any of those girls who look pretty, but act like snobs most of the time. So in that way you are the prettiest girl in school."
Anyway back to prom night as we were walking into prom he just looks me up and down and says, "Dang you look really pretty."
I started to blush. When we get to the doors he steps in front of me to open the door. He was always very chivalrous towards me, but we've known each other for a long time. He was always a little shy towards people he didn't know.
I walked into the gym and Sean followed after me. I looked around and admired all the decorations. There were lights around the doors and put on the walls in a wavy pattern. There were balloons taped here and there on the walls and there were a few tables against one of the walls for snacks and drinks. And of course there was the d.j. booth with the lights on the sides that were making lights spin all over the floor and walls.
Sean went to get me a drink because I was thirsty while I was talking to some of my friends about our dresses and hair and fandom stuff. Sean returned with the drinks and I took mine from him. Right as I did that my favorite slow song started to play. So I immediately put my drink on the table, asked my friends if they could watch it for me, and yanked Sean onto the dance floor so we could dance.
So as we were on the dance floor he whispered in my ear, "The heck Aria you didn't have to pull on my arm that hard. You know you could have just asked me to dance, but whatever."
I told him, "Whatever, I wanted to drag you onto the dance floor because I thought it would be more fun." We started dancing to the beat of the slow song. I was looking at him when suddenly he looked up because he was watching his feet so he wouldn't accidentally step on mine. He saw me staring at him and I just smiled like a dork.
"What?", he asked.
All I could say was, "Thanks for taking me to prom."
"No problem, I couldn't just let my friend stay at home, watch movies, and binge eat ice cream.", he said in a joking tone.
That word 'friend' was a word that was comforting at first but as I have grown to know Sean more and more that word was just a reminder that we were only going to be friends and nothing more.
But I just smiled and said, "Thanks." The rest of prom was a blur of dancing, laughing, and telling jokes to one another. It was also one of the most perfect nights ever. Even though towards the end of the night I had only just gotten the courage to tell Sean that I had feelings for him, but when I tried to tell him his old girlfriend walked by and told him that they needed to talk. He decided to follow her, but only after telling me to stay put and wait for him. I said ok and then he left.
Sean came back like fifteen minutes later with a look of annoyance on his face I could tell immediately that it didn't go very well. His girlfriend who is too much of a lying, cheATING, LITTLE BITCH TO BE NAMED, sorry I just really don't like her. She hurt my best friend's heart and you do NOT hurt my friends because I am really protective of my friends. She cheated on him with the best footballer on the football team. So anyways she was trailing behind him with a look that was a mix of disgust and disbelief. Sean went up to me and told me that she wanted to get back together with him. He told her no because she cheated on him and then lied to him about it. When she walked past me she shot me one of the dirtiest glares ever, but I tried to be a better person so I refrained from retaliating. I asked Sean what that was about and it was because he had chosen to go with me. I asked him if he wanted to go and he said sure. So we got into his car and started listening to his bands cd's. I asked him if she wanted to get back together because of the band and he said yeah.
I said, "Go figure she was always shallow and it doesn't surprise me because your band is starting to become a town favorite."
He just replied with a brief, "Yeah I agree."
I asked him if he wanted to play some video games at his place he said, "Sure what do you want to play?"
I said, "I don't know how about some Grand Theft Auto that seems to cheer you up most of the time."
He said,"Sure why not." After we had been playing for about two hours we decided to stop and he dropped me off at my house. We said good bye and I told him that it was fun hanging out after prom. He told me that it was no big deal and that he is happier now. He watches me as I walk up to my house as soon as I reach the door I wave goodbye, unlock it, and go into my house.
I never did get the courage again to tell him my feeling and to this day it may still be one of my biggest regrets. But I didn't want to possibly ruin our friendship.

Sorry for this long upload I wanted to compensate for the months I haven't been posting. Plus I wanted this to be one chapter and I didn't think it would go on for so long.

P.S. For anyone who doesn't know football=⚽️, not 🏉.