The Few Who Screamed

Farrah King

Brokestonebridge, California

Farrah woke up at the mercy of the sun shining through her large bedroom window. She turned to look at her red bedside clock and saw that she had a hour before her boyfriend, Brady, was going to pick her up for school.

Farrah got up and walked over to one of the many mirrors in her room. When she looked in it she saw something that looked like her but worse; her reflection.

Farrah's dark red hair was in a huge puff. Her light green eyes looked tired and her mouth had some dried spit on the side.

She instantly went to work: first with brushing her teeth, washing her face, applying mascara, putting on eyeshadow and adding some clear lip gloss. Farrah smiled at the result she was getting and started to curl her hair.

Eyes focused, mind racing, Farrah stared at all her clothes in her huge walk in closet. "What to wear, what to wear." She mumbled softly to herself.

When Farrah finally decided on what the perfect outfit was, she put on a tight black dress that barley reached her thighs. She then slipped on some black high heels and some gold jewelry.

Farrah grabbed her Michael Kors purse and walked down the spiral staircase with her nose in her phone. She smiled when she saw that Brady was calling her.

She answered it to hear the amazing voice of her boyfriend. "Hey honey, how's it going." He said.

"It's better now that I've talked to you." Farrah said with a smile on her face.

Brady chuckled and said playfully, "Okay now come out side before I have to go in there and kidnap you."

"Okay here I come sweetie." Farrah smiled and ran outside and hopped into Brady's green pick-up truck.

Brady smiled and leaned over and kissed her. Farrah smiled and hugged him quickly.

Brady pulled away and started the car. He turned to her and smiled as he started to head to the school. "You look hot today!" Brady said while eyeballing Farrah's dress with his brown eyes.

Farrah laughed and replied with a cocky, "I know I do."

She smiled and turned the music up to full blast. And taped her fingers along to the beat.

The rest of the ride went by with Farrah and Brady laughing and singing along to both pop and rock songs.

Farrah jumped out of Brady's truck and grabbed his hand. They walked into Brokestone High School together just as the first period tardy bell rang.

Brady moaned, "Just in time to go to English class."

Farrah laughed, "At least you have an easy English class. While I have to go and advanced biology." Farrah hugged him and whispered in his ear. "And that's a class that you and the rest of your junior buddies don't have to take."

Brady laughed, "It's not my fault that your one of the smartest sophomores at this school."

"But it will be your fault when I'm late." Farrah said as she walked to her first period class.

"Being late never heart anybody." Brady stated as Farrah put her hand on the door handle.

Farrah ignored him and walked in the classroom.

"Awww, Miss King! It's so nice to have you drop by my classroom." Mrs. Bennett said with a tone that was full of false enthusiasm.

"I know, but the pleasure is all mine." Farrah replied with the same tone as she rolled her eyes and walked to her seat.