Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Mick O'Bannon

Brokestonebridge, California

Mick ran past the dirty kitchen and into his room that looked like smelt like mold. He quickly sat at the old, dusty computer and turned it on.

He waited about twenty minutes before the computer turned on. When it finally turned on he quickly typed in the URL address and read up on what it all said.

The woman that died name was Barbra Neilsini. Mick smiled and wrote the woman's name down he them continued reading and discovered that the police where still investigating on the case.

Mick opened a new tab and typed in "possible causes of the Neilsini fire". He came up with two search results and only two. He opened the first one and read that before the fire deaths where happening and that who ever the murderer was is most likely the cause of the death but there is no real evidence. And there where other possible fire starters like the husband, a old man who's name is Greg, or the wife herself.

Mick wrote all of this down and then he went to the other website and quickly dismissed the web page when he saw that the page was full of old myths about sirens, banshees, mermaids, calypso, witches, dragons, faiths, fairies, and mythological hunters.

"Weirdos." He mumbled as he opened another page and typed "Neilsini family" into the search bar.

Thousands of search options popped up and they where all about. Britney, Bob, and Barbra Neilsini. Mick clicked on the first one and was happy when he saw a picture of the blonde girl from last night and turns out her name is Britney. Mick started reading and saw a head line that read, Did Bob Neilsini and his job as a lawyer and plastic surgeon caused his daughter to go crazy.

Mick instantly read the whole page and took several notes. Turns out Britney went "crazy" and screamed yesterday at her private school and claimed that she saw a older, deader version of herself.

Mick felt relived when he discovered this. Yes this means that I'm not crazy. He thought. Wait... Maybe the other four experienced the same thing.

He made a new tab and typed "Farrah King" into the search bar. Search results mentioning how Farrah almost got into the acting job but she had an epic downfall when her dad was accused of sexual harassment, Farrah and her school progress, and Farrah's Stonebridge Flow page popped up.

Mick wasn't stupid and he knew that if he wanted the real truth he would have to go to her Stonebridge Flow page. Teenagers don't tell adults about their problems they simply post it on social media and stuff instead.

When he opened her page he clicked on the photo section of her profile. He saw a picture of her and a guy behind her who was partly naked and they where in the boys locker room. She had put "Just a normal day in the boys locker room" in the caption Mick rolled his eyes and was about to go to the next photo but he realized that the guy in the photo was Brach McFarland, the guy from the thingy last night.

Mick looked at the rest of her photos and saw that they where mostly selfies, pictures of her on stage, or underwater pictures of herself. He left her pictures and went to her Chitter Chatters. He saw that there was an occasional mention of how she was going to some parties or not, but they mainly where talking about how to look your best, dating advice, or small entries that muck guessed came from her diary. She's a good writer, Mick thought. Mick was about to leave her Chitter Chatters when he saw that she posted a new Chatter asking who was going to a the Annual Carnival on Friday night.

Mick left the Chitter Chatters and went to her videos. She found that she had plenty of videos of her acting or doing some crazy trick into her pool.

Mick followed Farrah as he left her page and typed in Brach McFarland in the Chitter Chatter page search bar.

Brach's page consisted Photos of him and he was always shirtless or in ripped clothes. And in his Chitter Chatters he had stuff talking about his workouts or sporting events. In his videos he had an endless supply of him doing workouts or of him flexing and showing off his body. Mick followed Brach as he typed in Britney's name.

Britney's page had tons of Chitter Chatters talking about how she was going crazy, seeing things, and hearing voices or about how she managed to cope in a broken family. Mick rolled his eyes "She's very open." He mumbled as he opened her videos and saw the videos of how she dressed around the dress code and dealt with her feelings. Her pictures where all of her in a cheerleading uniform or her in her school uniform that she made look good. He followed her as he typed in Jacob's name.

Jacobs page didn't have that many posts so all Mick learned was that he sometimes worked at a shop that his dad owned. And that he had a girlfriend. Mick also followed Jacob.

Mick exited out of all the things in his computer and sat there and stared at his notes.

Okay so on the bright side I got Farrah, Brach, and Britney's phone number. Mick thought. And I learned that they all have a talent. Plus the fact that they all are in the same grade as him.

Mick stopped what he was doing and shoved the notepad into his pocket as he heard the old front door creak as it opened. Mick ran out of his room and into the tiny living room.

"Mom." Mick said when he saw his mom standing in the doorway like she saw a ghost.

"Mick!!!!" She yelled out as she ran to him with tears in her eyes, "Your here! They didn't take you..." She cried out. "Thank God they didn't take you."

Mick hugged his mom tight he smiled, "Mom did you take your pills?" Mick asked as he realized that his mom was in one of her crazy times that she's been having every since his dad, her husband, died on the sail boat back when he was five.

His mom shook her head. "No Mick. But it doesn't matter. They're coming for you just like how they came for your dad. You don't have that much time." She cried out as Mick grabbed her pills and gave them to her. He watched her as she took her pills. All of a sudden their lights went out.

Mick's mom screamed a scream that was almost as loud as Mick's scream. "It's happening, it's happening. Mick it's happening." Mick's mom yelled out as she dug her nails into Mick's wrist.

"Mom don't worry. The power just went out." Mick said. "We never got a chance to pay the bills. I'll go talk to Jerry and see if we can work something out."

Mick got up and lit some candles before he left. The whole time Mick was doing this his mom was yelling out, "Don't go. Don't go Mick. Please don't go. They're here they want to hurt us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Okay guys honestly I didn't think that I could write something that good. Well I think it's good at least so yeah I think that it was pretty good.

Okay so y'all honestly I didn't like Mick in the begging but after writing this I like Mick a lot more.

The next chapter will most definitely be in Mick's POV and it might be sad so yeah.

Okay so who's you favorite character now. And what do you think about Mick's mom and Britney's moms death.

Remember I love you all and I hope you had a wonderful day.

Ounce again I'd like to thank @lost_in_my_own_mind