Chapter 9

Chapter nine

Mick O'Bannon

Brokestonebridge, California

Mick got off his bike and walked into BSB Power Station. He ringed the bell and asked for Jerry. While he waited for Jerry he looked at all the poster that showed the different types of power shortages and circuit systems.

"Yo what's up dude? I already covered your house bill." Jerry said as he walked up. "But I am going to need you and your mom to pay me by Monday."

Mick turned looked at Jerry with a confused look plastered on his face. "What do you mean. Our power just went out so I came over here to ask for another favor."

"Oh no dude your mom already flew by and asked for an extinction." Jerry said as he walked back to the back. "So yeah see yeah. I got to get back to work."

Mick stood there dumbfounded. If Jerry is keeping our lights on, why did they turn off? Was it just a fluke? Or was what mom said true? Or just maybe the light bulbs where old and they needed to be changed? All of these thoughts raced through his head as he franticly ran out the building and paddled furiously to his house.

This may seem crazy but after all that Mick has been through he was now positive that his mom might have been right. And the fact that he saw a ambulance turn down the same street that his house was on didn't help him with how paranoid he was. Mick peddled faster as tears flooded his eyes.

As soon as he reached his house he dropped his bike and ran past the emergency workers,while ignoring their comments about how he can't past, and into his house.

"Mom! Mom!!" He yelled as a flood of tears fell out of his eyes.

"Hey kid. You need to get out of here." A police officer said, "Who ever hurt your mom is most likely still in the house. But if you want you can ride in the ambulance with your mom."

Mick ran outside and saw his mom being put into the ambulance. "Mom" was the only the Mick could choke out while he ran to the ambulance and climbed into it as the doors closed.

"Thank God your safe Mick." She grabbed Mick's hand tightly and smiled, "My Mick is safe." She whispered out with a smile on her face before she passed out.

For the first time since Mick got into the car he noticed the claw marks on his mothers arms and legs. And how her hair looked like it was being pulled out of her head and her fingers looked like they had been soaked in a body of water for about two years.

Mick sat in the ambulance with his head in hands for the rest of the ride.

When they finally arrived at the hospital Mick had a huge argument with the front desk lady about why he should be able to go into the room with his mother. When Mick finally caved in he sat on one of those super uncomfortable chairs that they made you wait in.

Mick stared out in the distance as he saw all the people rushing in and out of the front door. Mick paused and started to stand up when he saw who he thought looked exactly like Britney's dad. He was about to go and talk to him about how his daughter is supposedly going crazy. When he felt the sharpest and most painful sting on his right forearm.

He let a loud Aghhhhhh escape from his mouth. It felt like his arm was being burned by a thousand different volcanos on the sun. He fell to the ground and let a really loud moan escape and he rolled around on the floor. He looked at his forearm and saw a small picture of a coat of arms that had a man and woman with a bow and arrow and a sword that where in the middle of a circle made out of snakes.

Farrah King

Brokestonebridge, California

Farrah smiled and ran her fingers through Brady's hair. She bent down and started to kiss his neck. Soft moans escaped from his mouth.