Taunting Me

I sat in front of my mother's grave, watching the sun rise.

I remember how Derek and I would watch the sun rise. We'd have warm coffee and enjoy our time together. I wonder if he was faking that too.

I suddenly hear sticks cracking behind me, and without turning around I know who it is. His presence brings hatred, rage and sadness upon me. It's like a weight that I just can't handle.

I take a deep breath and sit up straighter, waiting for him to say something. Waiting for him to "explain himself."

"...Stiles.." He hummed soothingly in a deep tone. I just shake my head.

"We aren't doing this, anymore. There's nothing you can do, or even say, that will make me forgive and forget about it, Derek. Why did you come here? What gave you the courage to talk to me at my dead mother's grave?" I grit my teeth together hating that he had the audacity to talk to me at this place. He knew how I felt here.

"I won't lie to you, anymore. I came because I caught your scent, as I was walking back to my loft from your house. I went to talk to you. We need to talk about this, Stiles. I know it won't fix anything, but I love you and I'm so sorry. Please..."

I take a deep breath. I hate that even if I would hit him, he'd just heal. How can I make him pay for what he did, when I'm the only one suffering? I got up and faced him.

"Look, Derek, I get that you can't keep your junk in your pants, but you aren't my problem, anymore. You should really seek Lydia, or even Scott, for comfort. They seem to enjoy you more than I, apparently. Have a nice life, Hale." I say patting his shoulder and walking away. "You too, Scotty."

I noticed Scott was there. Derek was too cowardly to do his own business by himself.

"Stiles, wait..." Scott stopped me. I looked at Derek who wasn't even facing us. Probably shocked that I would ever say that to him. He deserved it. I looked at Scott. Who the hell was he to butt in MY business.

"Save it, Scott." I jerked away from him and started walking away, when he gripped my throat and shoulder slamming my frail body against the hard rigid tree. I whimpered slightly from the pain. Then laughed a little.

"Do it, Scotty. Torture me. You wouldn't be the first. You can't possibly hate me as much as I hate myself. Do it. Hurt me more. Do it, Scott. Do it!" I shouted. He loosened his grip on me, then let go. I laughed.

"I'm the only normal one and still you two are more pathetic. How ironic is this? Just leave me alone." I pushed Scott off of me an started walking back home.

As I was almost there I saw Lydia walking up to me. Well, speed walking. I didn't want to talk to her. She's the one who ruined my relationship. I felt her hand creep onto my shoulder.

"Hey, Stiles." She turned me around.

"Yes, Lydia, how can I help you? If you're looking for another guy to fuck, I'm sorry. You're the last person I'd like to even see at the moment. Side next to Derek. You remember him, right? My boyfriend of five years? Ya know, you fucked him while he was still with me." I watched as her face flourished red all the way to her ears.

I couldn't believe this person that I used to love, just means nothing to me anymore.

".....I understand why you don't want to talk. Maybe some other time." She said removing her hand from my shoulder. I turned and started walking back home again.

"Or never." I mumbled just loud enough for her to hear me.