Exposure

I opened my mouth to speak, but he soothed me to keep quiet.

"Shhhhh... It's okay, Stiles." He spoke softly and kissed the back of my head softly.

I felt him rest his forehead against the back of my head and I closed my eyes. It was the moments like these that made a strong relationship build. People often think people grow together by being apart of each other's lives, but I think it's the purest moments that help keep them together.

Derek and I had a very quiet type of a relationship. We knew what each other wanted and why. I guess, somehow, I had got something wrong.

"Stop overthinking. Anything I ever did to you was my fault. Not yours. I'm sorry. I love you. None of this is your fault." He turned me to face him and I leaned into his chest hugging onto him.

I knew this wasn't a dream. In my dreams he was negative and violent. He seemed to hate me, but love me. Like an abusive relationship. A toxic love.

"I just wish..." I tried to sound strong, but when I heard my own voice, it was like listening to a frail, scared child.

"Shhhh... Stiles, I will never stop loving you. Even if you don't want me." Derek always had a feeling retardant in his voices. I never really knew what he was feeling exactly, but when he said that... It felt as if he was scared of something.

"I've been dreaming about you..." I mumbled lowly not looking up to him. I swirled my finger in a circular motion on his chest as he held me.

He just nodded and kissed my head. He held his lips to my hair for a few seconds longer than usual.

"You hurt me in them..." I mumbled. I felt a tear run down my face. It felt as if my entire chest was caving in and exposing all my feelings and the true whispers of my heart.

"Hey... Shhhhh... Come on, let's go get into the car. We can go to the loft and have some cocoa with mini marshmallows and have those pink and white frosted animal crackers. Just how we used to. I'll start a fire and we can watch it rain. It'll be cozy. I'll hold you and keep you wrapped in a big soft blankie. We can even put on an Audrey Hepburn movie. I know you used to love that." He wiped my tears as I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

He was at one point the best daddy ever. It felt warm inside to be remembered.

We did just that. We went to the loft and watched it rain, with a warm fire blazing, and Breakfast At Tiffany's playing.

"Derek..."

"Yeah, pumpkin?" He looked at me softly.

"...I love you."

(When I said 'best daddy ever' I meant like DDLG.)