What's Reality?

It's been a few days, since that night. I can't seem to find a way to tell Derek what it was about. To be honest, I can't seem to talk to Derek at all. I just don't know how. What would I say? He gives me the space, but he doesn't know why I need it.

"Hey, bud." I felt Scot pat me on the shoulder.

Me and him made up, before the Halloween party. I guess he was drunk or whatever that night. Anyways. The point is, we're cool now.

"Sup?" I close my locker and turn towards him. We were in the boys locker room, after finishing up lacrosse practice.

"Kira's coming over to meet my mom, tonight. I decided it's finally time they met." He says tying his shoe.

"I thought you and I were hanging out?" I say sitting on the bench next to him.

"Oh, God. I totally forgot, man. Oh. I'm so sorry." He looks at me worried.

"Hey, don't stress it. I know how important it is for Kira and Melissa to get to know each other. We'll do it some other time." I pat his back.

"Thank you so much. I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you." He sighs in relief.

"No worries." I said smiling from the corner of my mouth.

"Oh, hey. I gotta go and get ready for that, right now actually. I'll text you, later. Bye, dude. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I promise." He shouted as his voice stretched away from the locker room, he descended down the hall.

I just shrugged and smiled to myself. I decided to use the shower, since no one else was left at school. Except, maybe, the janitor.

I took a breath and closed my eyes as the hot water hit my body. I felt relaxed. I washed up and dried off. I wrapped a towel around my waist and scrubbed my hair dry with a hand towel.

Ten minutes, later.

I sat on the bench putting my socks on. I had my underwear and jeans already on. I slipped one sock on then the other. Then I put my shoes on.

I finish tying my shoes, when I felt as if someone was watching me. I looked around, but didn't see anyone. So, I half effortfully shrugged to myself and stood up grabbing my shirt.

"Stiles..."

I jumped and turned towards the sound. I started from the floor and made my way upward. Seeing: black boots, dark jeans, black v-neck shirt with a leather jacket, and his hair gelled up.

"Did you just check me out?" Derek's deep voice vibrated into my ears.

"You scared the shit outta me." I said putting my shirt on. He chuckled.

"My bad. Maybe I'll make myself more known, next time." He mocked me.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I turned to put my things in my bag.

He walked over to me and held me from behind. He kissed from behind my ear trailing down to my shoulder. I felt his strong arms pull me close to him. I smiled and closed my eyes, feeling his warm breath on my cleansed skin.

"I love you, Stiles. Why have you been avoiding me?" He whispered soothingly into my ear.

I couldn't tell if this was real or just a dream. I've been having dreams like these very frequently, lately.

It felt so nice to feel loved by him.

He kissed my head softly and pulled me closer to him so that my back was against his chest. I could feel his chest rising and falling to each breath he breathed.

If this was a dream...

I didn't want it to stop.