Chapter Six - A Girl's Lips

If you say it's unfair how lucky some people are there's not much I can say. That's just the way it is. Even as I write this I can only come to one blissful conclusion - that I am one of those lucky people. Please don't hate me because of that.

Of course sometimes I also feel like a tightrope walker. 'Luck' keeps me on the rope, but one foul move and my luck would be reversed. As you will remember I experienced that kind of situation just last week.

Anyway, a few days ago (as the calendar goes) I was sitting at my desk with about fifteen minutes to go before homeroom class began. I was just casually skimming through my text messages since none of my friends were there yet. At that moment someone came and stood right in front of my desk.

At first, as my eyes moved up from my phone, all I could see of the person was the light brown cotton texture of our school uniform pressing against my desk. However as my eyes continued up that person's body they passed over a raised part in that texture and I came to realise that the person in front of me was a girl.

Slightly bigger than Annie's. Or were they? Perhaps she just wore a bigger bra size... some girls did things like that, right?

My eyes quickly kept moving past that dangerous territory and up to the face of the girl standing before me.

A girl with long blonde hair and a firm but cute face stood there staring down at me with blue eyes. She looked as if she was troubled but was trying to hide it. Her name is Tracy and she is not one of the girls I normally talk to. Her group is what I would label the "snobbish girl" group. All they do is talk about shopping and beauty and look down on any boy that doesn't meet their high standard. Even if they were pretty, who would want to be friends with someone like that? I was quite content to be friends with a girl like Annie.

As you can guess it's not very normal that a girl like her would be standing in front of my desk like that. I had no idea what could she possibly want.

"Ben." Tracy cleared her throat and said my name.

So she knew my name. That wasn't surprising since we're in the same class but was still a little surprised.

"I... want to talk to you about something." Tracy said, looking really bothered.

"What is it?" I asked, a little intrigued.

"Can we go somewhere else?" she asked, looking around awkwardly, "Somewhere without so many people?"

"Somewhere else?" I was getting more interested. This girl who looked down on boys like me wanted to tell me something privately? What on earth could she have in mind?

She nodded and looked away bashfully, fidgeting with the edge of the desk. Even though I knew what kind of person she was, when she behaved like that all my defences went down. She looked so cute I gulped.

"O-okay."

I don't know exactly what I was thinking at that point. Probably I wasn't. Instead of asking for more information I simple agreed and stood up to follow her out the door.

"This way." she said as she began walking down the corridor.

Her shoulders back, her head held high, she walked with a proud posture while her hips swayed lightly. I admired the proud way she walked. Even from behind she was attracting. If her personality wasn't so off putting perhaps I could even grow to like someone like her.

She looked left and right before heading down the stairs that led to the second floor. Then she turned a corner and walked down an unoccupied corridor toward the end.

There was nothing down here except a utility cupboard. She headed straight for it and opened the door.

"No-one will see us in here." she said, taking a final look behind me for anyone that might have seen us.