Chapter Seven - Too much of a good thing

This scene was becoming familiar to me: waking up in my bed after having collapsed on the floor in pain. Knowing that the day ahead of me would be a repeat of the previous day and that I would be able to change it in any way I liked.

Except today I felt incredibly unsure of myself. For the first time events were not repeating exactly as they had on previous days. Was my power changing? Or was it in some way diminishing?

I wearily got up out of bed and began my morning routine. As I headed out the door and down the hill I thought about Tracy's kiss.

It wasn't that I liked her more than Annie. It's just I had never experienced something like that before. You can't blame someone for having a little curiosity, can you?

Plus she was really beautiful. If we ever became a couple I would immediately became the envy of all the boys in my class. Just thinking about her cute face made my heart race even more.

I must have another kiss! I must!

I kept thinking these thoughts as I reached the bottom of the hill and waited for the bus to come.

When I arrived at my classroom I walked in the door and immediately looked in the direction of Tracy's group. Tracy was there with three of her friends, and she immediately looked up as I walked in.

Our eyes met.

I immediately diverted my eyes and kept on walking to my seat. Was heart was beating fast. I had been discovered looking at her! What would she think, when I wasn't supposed to know about what she was planning to do yet?

I got to my seat and sat down and almost immediately after Tracy appeared at my desk.

"You looked at me, didn't you?"

"No." I lied.

"You did! Dumb pervert!"

She looked away in a huff and then began suddenly began speaking in a soft voice.

"These days everything feels like a dream."

"A dream?"

"Yeah... you don't know what I mean?"

I shook my head, bewildered. For the first time in my life I felt like I was having a normal conversation with her. Just what was going on?

"Hmph. Well, nevermind, must just be me. By the way, can I talk to you about something?"

"Talk to me about something?"

"Yeah, but... not here. Can you... follow me...?"

I felt goosebumps running up my arms. It was repeating! Not in quite the same way, but...

"O-okay."

I thought hard about our conversation as I followed her. It was the gentlest I had heard her speak to me before. It made me think; maybe she did actually like me. Maybe she just acted harsh on the outside because of her friends. Or maybe she herself didn't want to admit it.

Either way if she were interested in me, what should I do? Annie was the girl I liked, but what if she rejected me? What if Annie didn't want that kind of relationship? What if she just wanted to be friends? Would it be okay to starting going out with Tract then, instead?

My mind was buzzing with the possibilities when we reached the utility closet and stopped.

"Here should do." she said, and walked inside.

My heart was beating wildly. I knew what was coming but I had to pretend I didn't. I followed her inside and she straight away turned around and looked up at me.