009. model

idk why I hate my writing so much right now but um

#soon

Mitch's internal clock has always been terrible, but he's pretty sure he's been studying Ækhi with Kevin and practicing his mental shields with Kirstin for nearly 12 hours now, and his head was aching.

Apparently Katalia did need sleep, after all -- Kevin clarified that they slept just as long as humans, but stayed up for three times as long. He was extremely jealous, because he was very tired of being tired all the time, but he couldn't complain when Avi announced they'd be stopping on Nalaheria to stay for the night.

So that's how they found themselves on the most paradisal planet he's seen on their journey yet, with gorgeous lakes and luscious mountains, clear skies and stunning moons. The glass on the tall buildings of the city was so sleek that it looked like mirrors, and there were so many parks on every block that Mitch was sure he wanted to live here after all of this blew over.

Their first stop was a beauty shop downtown, where Kirstin said the owner was an old and close friend. The next planets they'd be making stops at were more highly guarded than these, and they couldn't afford to let Mitch wander around with his face bare anymore. He didn't care what the reason was -- he'd take any opportunity he could get to explore this dreamlike planet before they had to leave.

Her office was on the top floor of one of the tallest buildings of the city, and Mitch gazed out the glass elevator as they shot up into the sky in awe of the two moons and green mountains. He could barely get a glimpse of the wildlife from this height, but it was the first time he's seen any since he left Earth -- he saw something that looked vaguely like a family brachiosaurus feeding on the leaves of the tallest tree in the distance, a flock of giant birds that looked like ice phoenixes flying over the mountains, giant schools of fish with iridescent scales that gleamed under the clear green water... he was sure this was his own personal heaven.

Unfortunately, they reached their destination all too soon, and Kevin had to practically drag him away from the glass he glued himself to, and into the black tiled hallway the elevator doors opened up to. Mitch pouted at the android, but his therapists diagnosed him with ADD for a reason, because his attention immediately shifted from the scenery of Nalaheria to the intricate hallway of the beauty shop around them in less than a second.

The hallway was long and sleek, much like the rest of the building, but the walls of this long corridor were much different than the other floors. They were lined with display cases that cut into the wall, and the various mannequins that were lit up in each section all wore unique and completely foreign styles that reminded him of the people on Ordalla. His heart skipped a beat when he realized what kind of beauty shop this was -- he's always loved fashion. Something about the way clothes fit together, how he could express himself with them, the supporting community that surrounded it... He frowned down at his dingy cloak as they walked along, and his heart ached to wear the beautiful styles displayed behind that glass.

At the end of the hallway were two grand black doors, one encrusted with a metallic C, and the other with an L. He bit his lip excitedly when he realized this "old friend" was literally a designer -- he was already excited by foreign beauty, and now he got to meet one of the artists of the craft? He was more than excited, and he could barely keep himself still when Kirstin pushed the doors open.

This room was even more sleek than the last, if that were possible. There were mannequins placed all across the white floor, workers bustling about, at least twenty models in full makeup relaxing in that exquisite clothing... He lied. This was his own personal heaven, and he wanted more than anything for this to be his destiny.