Chapter 5

Liv's POV

The piano finally began to fade, and silence fell. I daringly rose, clapping madly. He definitely deserved a standing ovation.

"That was great!" I shouted from about twenty rows back, "You're a natural!" I said smiling. I slowly started to make my way towards the main stage.

"Thanks Liv!" He beamed, happiness rolled off of him, lighting up the room.

"It's the truth, with a voice like that it won't be long and you be headlining on your own!" I complimented him, his talent was so obvious. When he picked up a guitar or sat down at the piano or began to sing, you could just see it.

"Well, I sure hope so, it's my dream to headline some day." He did this adorable smile, his eyes crinkled, and he showed his white teeth. By now I was up on the stage next to him.

"You'll get there, just give it time." I stared into his deep blue eyes. We were standing just a little to close, and my breathing was getting uneven. Our eyes lingered and-

"LIV!" Rick yelled, dragging out the syllables. He loped forward with an easy gait, dragging me out of Hunter's ocean colored eyes. "Why don't you come backstage and help organize everything. After all, the boys miss you." His eyebrows were lifted curiously, and his spring green eyes were quizzical. I looked away from Rick and re-focused my eyes on Hunter.

"Bye Hunter" I said shyly, leaning in just a little bit further. I hugged him close, feeling hard abs press into my stomach and his heavily muscled arms wind around me.

"Ahem!" Rick made a loud noise, and I reluctantly pulled away.

"Bye Liv" Hunter said, his eyes crinkling up in a dazzling smile. I walked off the stage, extremely pissed at Rick. When I finally reached him, I smacked home in the chest.

"What the hell Rick? We were having a moment." I blushed furiously at the memory of Hunter's arms hugging me close.

"You need to focus, this is serious!" I saw the hurt and frustration in Rick's eyes and immediately felt guilty for snapping at him. Rick was there for me from the beginning and all I did was treat him badly. He deserved so much better.

Rick's POV

What is wrong with her? This is her first headlining tour and all she wants to do is hang out with the opening act. I told her it was time to get serious, but she never listens. I know I should be tougher on her, but whenever she looks at me with those stunning green grey eyes, I just cave. What does she see in him anyways? I mean, he's got the whole southern boy thing going, but he seems . . . shifty. One thing is for sure, I don't trust Hunter Hayes.