Chapter 3: Revelations 1

• Dedicated to Caryl Retuta

I'm sorry things are happening a bit too slow..

Things at home are a bit busy lol

Yeah, all in good time =)

*Dedicated to someone who's practically a sister to me! Been through a lot with her and I miss her so bad! Love u ate Caryl!  

**Chapter 3: Revelations 1

1:05 pm

A familiar song plays on my phone, "A Little Piece of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold. Someone is calling me. I must have fallen asleep waiting for Dana. I haven't even had lunch yet.

Squinting, I get a hard time opening my eyes. I push aside the book on my chest- By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept by Paulo Coelho.  I was reading this and fell asleep. It was good, but reading while lying down always makes me sleep. I quickly sit up and answer Dana's call.

"Hey, Sarah. It's been a while! I'm sorry it took hours before I could return your call. It's lunchtime now. So.....updates!" She starts. I could sense her excitement. I look at the desk beside my bed and notice a tray of food- a plate of choucroute garnie (a French dish) and some fruit tarts.

“Just a sec, Dana. I have lots to tell you, just choosing which one I should start off with.” I pick up a tart and take a bite. I’m hungry. Putting down the remaining tart, I lick my lips and rub of the crumbs off my fingers.

I slap my face, trying to wake myself up. Then I remember my plan. Unaware of myself, I stand up on my bed and start jumping. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. I continue jumping, and jumping, and jumping.

Upon my nth jump, I accidentally drop my phone on the ground. I quickly got off the bed and picked it up. "Sarah, are you mad? Why did you throw your phone?"

After catching my breath, I started laughing. Why does the laugh always come before the good news? "Dana, I'm sorry. I just dropped it. I- got- something to tell you!" I exclaimed, giggling with my words.

"Uhh...obviously you do. Now, tell me!" She demands.

My cheeks are hurting now, my smile was uncontrollable. "Icanspendmysummerwithyou!" I yelled, clenching my fists and gritting my teeth.

"Huh? Could you slow down? Why are you speaking so fast? I think you should take a deep deep breath first. Then tell me." I do as she asks and start explaining as slow as i could.

After a few minutes, I was done telling her about the family vacation to Barcelona and my plan to spend summer with her. She says she’ll call me again later about our plan. Apparently, she screamed so loud she got in trouble with a few of the people she was with. I take my food tray and place it on the bigger desk I have at the opposite side of the room. I start eating.

Now, all I gotta do is find a way to get to my sister’s without my parents knowing. If only I had told Alicia I would come to Dana. I don’t know- I panicked! I wonder- what if I come tell her now? I don’t think she’d be too upset anyways. Ouch! I bit my tongue- hard! I check to see if there was blood. Sure enough, blood was oozing out of the left side of my tongue.

I stared at the blood- a recollection of the incident came into mind. I froze as I watch the headlights in my head. Headlights- approaching fast. Snap out of it! I told myself. Okay, fine.  I better think of something quick. What if I tell dad I’m coming to Dana? I don’t think he’ll shut me off. He doesn’t have the right to. It’s worth a try.

Later in the evening,

“Dad, I wanna see Dana.”I tell him, trying my best to sound as firm as possible. We were in the theatre room watching Inception. “Dad, I said I wanna see Dana.” I repeat, sounding louder than before.