Part 18

"So, have you set a date yet?"

Killian chuckled at Belle's question as they were all having dinner at a restaurant downtown. He and Emma had their sons in their laps as they held hands. "It's only been a couple of days since we've been engaged."

"Just please tell me you're not getting married at the courthouse. I would like to be there for at one least one of my sisters' weddings and walk her down the aisle," David said.

Killian arched an eyebrow as Emma's cheeks filled with red. She hadn't exactly told him how she and Neal got married because, well, she was too ashamed.

"A courthouse?" He was appalled to say the least. 

"Yeah, Emma didn't tell you?" Mary Margaret asked.

Killian turned to look at Emma. "You were married at the courthouse?" he asked, in shock.

She nodded regrettably. "Neal wanted to get married right away and he didn't want a big, fancy wedding."

"Love, why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry, I was just... too ashamed. And I knew you and Milah had a real wedding with guests and the whole nine yards and I didn't think you would want to go through all of that again."

Killian gently squeezed her hand. "Emma, when are you going to realize that what I want is to make you happy? I want you to have the wedding you desire. And if that means that I have to wait a little longer to marry you, then so be it. I'd rather do things the right way rather than rush it."

"And Emma, anything you need, I'll gladly help," Belle told her.

Mary Margaret chipped in as well. "Me too. You're going to have the wedding of your dreams, don't you worry."

Emma looked at her suspiciously. "As long as we do it my way, I'm okay with that."

"Absolutely. I promise, I will not try to take over or interfere. We can do everything the way you want it."

"Okay."

"Did you have any idea in mind, sweetheart?" Killian asked her.

"Well, honestly, I haven't really thought about it, yet."

"Come on, you must have had some kind of idea what you wanted when Neal proposed or when you were growing up," Regina said as the waitress arrived with their drinks.

"Oh, what about where David and I got married?" Mary Margaret chirped. "You know, just as a suggestion."

Emma shook her head. "We're not getting married at Aldren Castle."

Mary Margaret looked at her, baffled. "Why not? It's beautiful and has a vintage ballroom where you can have the reception."

"It's very nice," Emma agreed. "But it's a little too sophisticated for my taste. I was thinking something more quaint. Maybe an outdoor wedding by the ocean."

Killian grinned proudly at that. "I agree, love. See, this is why I'm marrying you," he teased.

She smiled at him. "That's the only reason?"

He leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Not even close,"

"So, does this mean I get to be the best man again?" Robin asked.

"If you wouldn't mind doing it again?"

"For you and Emma, not at all. In fact, I would like to make a toast."

Killian shook his head. "Bloody hell, Robin," he chuckled as Robin stood up with a glass of wine.

"Relax, mate. I just wanted to say a few things. Emma, I've known Killian since he came here from England and we've been best friends ever since. We went to school together and we both came to Boston where I met my first wife. And when my marriage ended, he was there for me through everything and told me there was someone better out there for me."