Angels

There is this theory That angels are good Because they don't have the capacity For evil. They are washed of Blemish By the rains of the lord And renewed each day To engage the battle for Morality.

I believe Angels are Those who have returned From lives which told them You can be nothing, You are gutter The trash, The homeless wipe with.To still your fragmenting fingers Those that have Known the depths to which Humans can fall Are the only ones who will ever know The extent to which humans can rise.

I believe Angels have stared Into the gun barrel of their own soul Enough times to know Russian roulette is not a game For those without heart.

Angels are not free of temptation They just know what it tastes like.They know the scream of lovers The song of addiction The black hole of a strangers pupil And the dance of the devil.

Angels are good Because they know better than anything The capacity for evil. They are intimate with the symbolism of dawn When seen from too many tail ends of nights. They know the only way to tally their debts, Is with the risen souls of strangers.

Angels got those wings by, Breaking their backs, Sifting through the wreckage, Of their wake of destruction. When they decided to become angels, They had to walk through hell In order to get to heaven. Mirrors were made so Angels could know what it's like To stare into the eye of the devil.

Angels are good, Not because they don't have The capacity for evil But because they know it As the cauldron their wings were formed in.