Introduction

To anybody who's reading, the BookCover is done by QuirkyBookworm. She did it for absolutely nothing but me helping out so do check her profile!

                                                                Chapter 1

"When yesterday pains you
When tomorrow frightens you
I will be right beside you"

Those were his words and I knew he meant every single one of them. His blue eyes depicted his young yet immense love. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. But all that was four years ago. Four painful years. I spent four years away from him. Away from who I was. I spent four years with the single hope that one day it wont hurt as much. Today I can say that it doesn't hurt. When people ask me 'do I still love him?' I can only answer with 'I dont know what love is anymore'. At first, it was the joy I felt being with him. Then it was the anxiety I felt without him. After a while it was the pain thinking of him, and with the pain gone, I really lost the definition of love. 

But I really cant blame him for what happened because it was my precaution that lead us apart. No matter how much I regret the decisions I once made, I can't undo them. The past has past. I thought of Brooke and how happy she must be right now and smiled to myself. 

Life only hurts you, to make you realize how strong you could be. 
I remember my grandmother's words and plastered that smile on my face. I am a stronger person and I only have the pain to thank for this.

~Six Years Ago~

"Aria!!" she screamed behind me. I looked behind to find Brooke running behind me. "Oh hey" I replied over my shoulder.

"You wont believe it!" she said.

"Well then no point in telling me" I said turning to leave to my class.

"I met him" she said with starry eyes.

"Him? am I supposed to just magically know who he is?" I asked.

"By him, I mean my love! Just like in movies. Aria, he's perfect. I mean he's nice, sweet and most of all, the best looking guy ever! and I repeat best looking" she gushed. I laughed. I couldn't help it. Because Brooke meets him every now and then. She falls immensely in love and after a week or so realizes he's not the one. A lot of people consider Brooke to be a bitch because this but I don't because although she may have a fluttering heart but she has something that most girls our age lack: honesty. I have always respected her for that. She has flaws but that one rare quality in her makes her my closest friend. So I smiled at her when she frowned at me.

"Okay...okay... My bad. Who's the lucky guy?" I said cheering her up. She looked at me with her blue eyes and blonde hair that was constantly being fluffed.

"I dont know yet. We haven't had a conversation so far and he seems to be more of a loner.

Opposites really do attract!" she said, all too pleased with herself on the detail work she pulled off. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm off to class. Trig first" I said and she shot me an 'aww' look. She thought I was cute when I was all nerd like. But honestly I like studying. Its the one thing that gives me the feel of a normal teenage life.

I paced faster to my class which was on the block across the football field when something caught my eye. A blonde was trying to soothe a little kid. He was on his knees and his hands were gently placed on the kid's shoulders. He had his back to me.

"You know bud, it could've been worse. I remember almost puking when I had to speak upfront in class" he said trying hard to calm him down and I really don't think he was doing a good job.