11. Our paths cross yet again.

"Bringing an outsider is a bit of a risk here" Alex reasoned with Alpha Portfield.

"We don't have another option." John said with finality in his voice.

"He is a rogue and this is the safety of the pack we're talking about, how do we know he won't flip?" Alex retorted, feeling agitated that no one understood his point of view.

"He's a well known rogue. He's paid for his reputable services. He has nothing against us, I don't think he'd go against us for no reason"

"Why doesn't he just join a pack if he's so amiable to work with?" Aria asked out of curiosity.

"He happens to get bored easily and likes the freedom to choose his work on his own terms. Doesn't like answering to a chain of command" John answered seeming perplexed. Being a military man, the idea of such a lifestyle didn't settle well with him but decided to overlook it completely if it meant betterment of the pack.

"But if he doesn't like answering to a chain of command, how will we operate alongside him" Alex argues once again.

"We won't operate alongside him for a long time but for a short, designated period of time, after which we go our separate ways. We can find an area of compromise of a small period, can't we?" John asked as irritation seemed to be seeping into his voice. He wasn't used to debating over an issue. In the military, the high command would order and the rest would follow. Simple as that.

"What do you think Jane?" Alex asked his fellow comrade. The final decision was always the Alpha's to make but it always helped to know where everyone's interest stood in the pack.

"I go with John" Jane said with a smile for John's benefit who gave stoic nod in return. Alex huffed.

"Aria?" Four pairs of eyes turned to her.

"The reasoning is with you John, always has been and will be but the fact that he's a rogue is still a threat to our security" Aria said solemnly.

"We will make sure he doesn't have access to our confidential files. And its a simple deal Aria, he does the job and leaves" John pleaded his case.

"Something tells me we shouldn't trust this guy.." Aria began again.

"Maybe just maybe the fact that he's a rogue" Alex, as usual, interfered.

"You have to consider the urgency of the matter" John reasoned.

"Alright then... I think we should call this guy already" Aria said with a smile directed at John.

"Air" Alex whinned.

"Come on Alex, it's either outside help or exposure. We don't really have a choice at the moment"

"But.." Alex began.

"We're calling in the extra hand" Alpha Portfield silenced everyone with his commanding tone.

"The alpha has spoken" Jane announced in relief.

The alpha was about to give the details of the new addition to their pack when Nick knocked on the door.

"Sorry Alpha but the new stray wolf wants to go home and Aria has been supervising him till now so I'd appreciate if Aria comes and convinces him"

"Aria, help Nick, I'll get Alex to send you the details of the tracker"

"Thanks Alpha" Aria replies as she gets up with a sigh.

»»¥««

"And where are we leaving to?"

"I need to see my family." Jasper replies seeming calm, surprisingly.

"You're an orphan Jasper. What family?" Aria replied a bit too harshly and regretted it immediately. The events of the day were catching up with her and she slipped, she instantly tried to apologize but he didn't give her a chance.