3. Virgin Lips

Chapter 3

The rest of the day passes in the blink of an eye. Nothing eventful occurs. I park my car in the drive way to find Brooke waiting by the front door.

"What took you so long?" she asked. fixing her blond curls which were slightly dishelved.

"I had to clear my files from last month with the receptionist. And not to be rude or anything but do you not have a house of your own?" I teased her. Brooke was always over at mine.

"I do but your boring life is practically screaming for my intervention" she said with a fond smile. I returned it but knew the real reason why Brooke was always over at our place. It was because her parents were usually out of town and she found it lonely at her place and so my place became her second home. She was way past feeling sorry for herself. Instead she developed a cycle of partying, shopping and boys. I didn't agree to her lifestyle but I stilled loved her because beneath all the rich brat exterior was my honest bestfriend.

"Hey dad" I called out. He was at the coffee table, sipping his coffee and going through some files.

"How was your first day?" he said with a smile as he looked up, "And I see Brooke is back? How about you move here?" he joked.

"Come on dad, she was practically waiting for the offer! Now I'd have to put up with her other than the necessary school hours" I mocked her with a horrified expression.

"Oh please, you love me more than anything else. And Mr. Davis if I moved here I would be doing a great deal of favour since I am all of her social life" Brooke replied playfully. But it was true, my friendship with Brooke was the only form of social life I was entitled to. Being who I am, I was sworn to secrecy about my kind. Thus very we dont like to have many ties with the humans since there was always the danger of the secret being out.

"That I cannot disagree with. Now go upstairs you two I have business to finish" he said with a doting smile.

"Your father is so amazing. He manages work and spends so much time with you" Brooke said with admiration in her voice as we reached my room.

"Yeah, I know" I say with smile. The walls of my room have simple brown paint on them and they had my favourite quotes with cursive writing done on them in white and black. There was my study table and bed, both different shades of brown. An LCD TV was adjusted to the right wall of the room on my 16th birthday. And a laptop table was right next to my bed. It was a pretty simple and dull to Brooke's taste but I liked things simple. I am not a fan of the color brown but I like it furniture in that color. It seemed original for some reason to me.

"Your room needs more color!" She exclaimed for the hundredth time. She was still not completely over the fact that I didn't like any shade of pink.

"It needs simplicity which it has, save for the LCD" I said with a smile.

"Anyways, I've got news" She said as she flopped on the bed.

"News or do you mean gossip?" I asked with a grimace. I didnt like talking and passing judgements about other people that I barely knew.

"News, Davis, Legit News" She said with excitement dripping off her tone.

"Alright, lets hear it" I gave in as I took a seat on my bean bag which happens to be brown too. Its just that leather looks good in brown.

"You know that guy" she said with a dreamy look.

"The one you've obsessing with?" I asked with the hint of teasing.